Chapter Eighteen

Kim was surprised to see Olin arrive along with her husband and Brett, "Hey Olin; long time, no see."

Olin shyly smiled as he stepped to her, "Can I talk to you in private?"

"Sure.", Kim cocked a questionable brow.

She led him to the office and slid the pocket doors shut, "What's wrong?"

Olin nervously rubbed the back of his neck, "I had some questions about that day that you found out about Vicki and.."

She held up her hand, "Don't say her name."

"Sorry.. How did it happen? How did she tell you?"

Kim wrinkled her brow, "She? She who?"

"Cassandra? Wasn't it her number that came up on your caller ID?" His stomach churned as he was awaiting her answer.

"Yes, but it was a mans voice that told me. Not her."

Olin felt as though he was going to be sick as his memory shot back to that terrible moment. She was sobbing, "Olin I have.." He grabbed the present from her hand and threw it. "I don't want your fucking gift!" He held back tears as he remembered her looking so tiny as she coward down while he toward over her. He was now shaking and frantically looking around as he tried to think.

Kim stepped to him, "Olin, are you okay?"

"Why.. Did you tell Kevin that it was Cassandra that called you?"

She slightly gasped, "I said I got a call from Cassandra. I didn't mean.. Oh God Olin, you didn't.."

Olin stepped quickly and heavily from the apartment leaving confusion in his wake.

***********
(Bang.. Bang.. Bang...)

"Who is it?"

"Tiffany?! It's me, Olin.. Open up, we need to talk."

Tiffany scoffed and crossed her arms. She did a double take as she noticed Sid walking up with her bat, as she patted her hand with it. Tiffany gave her a nod, Sid gave a silent one back to her. "Okay, hold on." Tiffany counted to three with her fingers and quickly opened the door. Olin took a step forward, but stopped as he saw Sid running towards him as she roared. She quickly planted her feet and took a low swing and hit his knee. Olin screamed out in pain as his leg gave away and he fell.

Sid raised her bat over her head until her Mom stopped her, "Sid!" She turned and looked agitated towards her mother as she continued, "Not out here." Olin's eyes widened as Tiffany calmly turned her face to him, "Wait until I get him inside.."

"Wait... What did you say?"

Olin tried to sit up, but Sid sung down hitting his abs. He coughed roughly as he tried to catch his breath. Tiffany grunted as she grabbed his good leg and dragged him into their apartment and locked the door.

As soon as Tiffany dropped his leg, Sid roared again and took another swing hitting him square in the shoulder, "Fuuucck! Stop hitting me!"

Sid gasped, "Mama! He just said a bad word!"

Tiffany stood cold with her hands on her hips , while looking at Olin. "What happens when bad people do bad things to us?"

Sid wrinkled her cute little brow, "They get punished!"

Olin flenched as she raised her bat again, "Stop! Please! I'm not a bad person!"

Sid turned her wrinkled brow to her mother, "Can I hit em anyway?"

Tiffany nudged her head for Sid to step away. She glared at Olin as she backed away. Olin huffed as he tried to catch his breath, "I just wanted to talk.."

"About?"

He tried to ignore his dry throat, "Cassandra.."

Sid pursed her lips as she acted as though she was going to hit him again, but stopped at her mothers command, "No Ma'am! Not yet!"

Olin's eyes quickly looked back and forth to the two angry females, "You have every right to be upset.."

Tiffany cackled as she bent forward, "Upset..!" She sighed a laugh as she leaned back up, "Olin, if Sid wasn't here, you would be dead."

Olin scooted away as he spoke, "I think she has the same idea."

Sid patted her hand with her bat again, "Ya damn right!"

"Sid! Language!"

She slightly looked down, "Sorry Moma."

Tiffany turned back to Olin, "What about her?"

"Where is she?"

"Why in the Hell would I tell you?"

Olin pursed his lips, "She.. She has something of mine.."

Tiffany calmly but quickly took steps towards him as she held out her hand to Sid, "Give me the bat.."

Olin held up his hands as Tiffany took multiple swings right above his head. By the time she was finished releasing her anger, he was shaking with fear as she kneeled down to his level, "Yours?" She squinted as she slowly shook her head, "Oh no sir... You don't own shit..." Olins breath shook along with his body as he waited for her next move. "Now get the Hell out of my house, and never come back here again."

Olin continued to hold up his hands in surrender as he eased off of their kitchen floor. "I'm so.."

"No you're not! So, shut up!"

Olin wanted to scream back, but didn't, "Just let me explain..."

Tiffany pressed her eyes as she screamed, "How does it feel?!"

He looked at her with desperation, "Wha..?"

She opened her eyes to glare at him, "For someone not give you the chance to tell their side of the story!"

"I.."

She charged towards him as she aimed her bat for a swing, "Get out! Before I don't miss this time!" He opened his mouth again to speak, but was interrupted, "Get out! Out!"

He cried as he stepped out of the apartment. He turned to the door, "Plee.." SLAM! He jumped with shock as it was slammed in his face. He tried to calm down as he tried to think, "No! This isn't right! This isn't fair!" His mind went back to the moment he shoved Cassandra out. He would never forget her pain stricken face as she turned around. The moment right before he slammed the door in the face of the mother of his child.

***********
How was Olin's punishment so far?

Did you like the chapter?

Will he find her?