Chapter Twenty Seven

"Ah, Miss Lambert! I'm glad I could squeeze you in." Harvey Roberts smiled as he offered his client a seat. "The paper work is all complete, but please review it before you sign it."

Cassandra's eyes carefully examined the papers as she read them to herself. After completing her examination she sighed and looked to her lawyer, I'm ready to sign the paper work."

Harvey buzzed his assistant in to witness her signature, "Okay, first page." Cassandra slightly pursed her lips and signed. Fifteen minutes later, Harvey smiled and shook her hand, "You did a very good thing, most people our age don't plan for this kind of thing."

Cassandra gave a nervous smile, "Always prepare."

Harvey smiled and shook her hand, "I'll have my assistant to run these down to the clerk of court to file."

"Thank you." Cassandra gave a warm smile and left.

**********

When Olin came home, Cassandra could tell there was something wrong. She was slightly afraid to ask what happened. Was it a mistake to have forgiven him so quickly? She gently cleared her throat as he tapped away at his laptop in his office. He turned his angry brow to her. Cassandra gulped and eased back out of the doorway, "I'm sorry, I'll come back later.."

Before she could fully turn away, Olin had pulled her back to his hard chest and kissed her neck. She had goosebumps as he whispered in her ear, "I'm not angry with you."

She turned her worried face to him, "What's wrong?"

"Its Vicki, she is trying to prove adultery on my part."

Cassandra slowly cut her eyes down to her bump, "Oh."

Olin tipped her chin up to meet his face, "Don't worry about her."

"Olin! It's not right! Did you have a prenatal agreement?"

Olin nodded, "Yes, but it states no infidelity or the cheating spouse receives only twenty percent of assets."

Cassandra sighed, "What do you need? To get your fair share?"

"Proof that she was unfaithful."

"I suppose.."

Olin feverishly shook his head, "No, I can't ask my brother.."

Cassandra pursed her lips, "I understand." She studied Olin's body language, "I can tell your exhausted. Go take a shower and I'll order dinner."

He smiled a tired smile and kissed her, "Okay."

When she could tell that Olin couldn't hear her over the running water, she quickly called an old friend, "Hello ... How much do you still love me..?"
************
After Olin emerged from the bathroom, he followed the aroma of his cheese steak sandwich takeout. He smirked as Cassandra unhappily ate a salad, "Where is your sandwich?"

She gave a sarcastic smile, "Cheesesteak sandwich's are not on my menu for now. I went to the clinic today and my blood pressure is still climbing." She could see worry all over Olin's face, " I told them the truth. My diet has not been the best lately. They said to immediately cut back on sodium and fats, so salad it is."

He nervously nodded then picked up His sandwich and started to make his way to the dining room. He stopped when he heard her speak, "Where are you going?"

He slowly turned to her, "I feel bad eating this in front of you."

His eyes widened as her lip started to quiver, "Ooohhh..."

"Why are you crying?"

She had ridiculous tears easing on to her cheeks, "That's just so sweet.."