Chapter Twenty One

The next morning, Cassandra was surprised to see Olin and Tyler both sitting at her kitchen table. She shyly cut her eyes to Olin as he spoke to her, "Good morning Cassandra, are you hungry?"

She nodded and slowly walked to the table. Both men sat in silence as they watched her take a seat. She looked over the lavish spread as she decided what to try. Her face showed confusion as she realized that none of this food had been in her fridge or pantry, so who bought it? She could feel Olin staring at her as he spoke to Tyler, "So, how long did it take the first time for her to speak again?"

Tyler sighed before he took a bite, "Cassandra, do you mind answering him?" She cut her eyes angrily to Tyler as she took a bite of her toast. He sighed at her reaction, "I'll take that as a no." He looked to Olin, "About two months."

"Two months?!"

Cassandra rolled her eyes then reached for the jar of grape jelly. She pursed her lips and wrinkled her brow as her right hand shook as she tried to twist the jar. Both men watched with curiosity. Olin, trying to be a gentleman reached for it, "Let me help you with.." Cassandra cut him off with an angry brow.

Tyler took the jar from her without asking and twisted the lid, as she nervously nibbled on her bottom lip, the lid easily came off. Tyler turned a worried look to her. Cassandra looked to her hand as she bent and flexed her fingers in and out. All of them knew something was wrong.

Olin kept his focus on her hand as he spoke, "I'm taking you to your doctor."

Cassandra's face shot to his, her expression turned to worry, she then looked to Tyler. He grasped  her hand and squeezed, "I think he is right, and I think he should be the one to take you."

She looked down to hold back tears, "But.." Olin perked up when he heard her voice, "He... He..." Both men held back tears when she couldn't finish her sentence.

Tyler patted her hand, "He's not going to hurt you." He turned a cold look to Olin, "Right?!"

Olin feverishly nodded, "Of course.."

Cassandra looked to him with doubt but nodded her approval.

Olin quickly removed his phone and asked, "What is the name of her physician?"

Tyler took another big bite, "Who's ever at is at the clinic today."

"Clinic?" Cassandra and Tyler both slowly looked to a disturbed Olin. "Did you say clinic?"

Cassandra slowly leaned away from the table as she studied him. His thumb was aggressively scratching the side of his index finger. His brow was wrinkled, and the slight hint of red skin rising from beneath his shirt collar, was the perfect observation of a "Pissed Man." Her chest heaved as she waiting for him to scream at her like before, maybe even break something of hers again. She pressed her eyes as she tried to control her anxiety, but it was a lost cause.

Tyler lightly touched her shoulder, "Cas?"

Her eyes sprung open then looked nervously looked at the table as she shoved his hand away. She whimpered through her labored breathing, "No, don't touch me.."

Tyler pursed his lips as he tried to think, "Cas.. Breathe... What can I do..?" She helplessly shook her head as she was their but in a daze.

Tyler continued to look around and spotted her wireless speaker. A lost Olin watched as he ran over and turned it on. Tyler's fingers quickly scrolled the his music as he selected a song, "Hold on. Almost there."

Olin turned to the radio as it started to play, "I Need, Never Get Old, by Daniel Ratteliff."

Tyler walked over to Cassandra and pulled her from her chair and held her hand as he goofed to get her to join him.

"Can we be there
Oh, just think of the time
Thought of love so strange
Said you never knew
While I try my best
To cover our eyes
It's a common way to blame and hide the truth
I know that some will say it matters but little babe
Oh, but, come on and mean it to me
I need it so bad
I needed to try
I needed to fall
I needed your love I'm burning away
I need never get old
Taking our time
Ah just standing in the rain
Meaning what you said ah and mean it to me
All of these lies
Oh and never again
Come on and say it now, say it's a game
I know that some will say
It matters but little babe
Oh but come on and mean it to me
I need it so bad."

Her breathing slowly started to calm as he took her waist in one hand and swayed her around her apartment. She actually started to smile and danced with him. Tyler cut his eyes over to a sad Olin, he smiled and nodded towards him, "He looks sad."

Cassandra glared her eyes from the side and shook her head. Before she knew it. Tyler chuckled and spun her to Olin's direction. Olin jumped from his seat and caught her. She nervously looked down but slowly cut her eyes up to his sad but eager face. She watched as a devilish smile spread across his mouth and pulled her closer as he continued the dance. Cassandra nervously looked around but finally started to smile with him. Tyler chuckled and plopped down in his chair and finished his coffee. "Mission accomplished."
**********
All of the lyrics:

"Can we be there
Oh, just think of the time
Thought of love so strange
Said you never knew
While I try my best
To cover our eyes
It's a common way to blame and hide the truth
I know that some will say it matters but little babe
Oh, but, come on and mean it to me
I need it so bad
I needed to try
I needed to fall
I needed your love I'm burning away
I need never get old
Taking our time
Ah just standing in the rain
Meaning what you said ah and mean it to me
All of these lies
Oh and never again
Come on and say it now, say it's a game
I know that some will say
It matters but little babe
Oh but come on and mean it to me
I need it so bad
Oh, mean it to me
I need it so bad
I needed to try
Needed to fall
I needed your love I'm burning away
I need never get old
I said I needed to try
Needed to fall
I needed your love I'm burning away
I need never get old
I said I needed to try
Needed to fall (I needed)
I needed your love I'm burning away
I need never get old
Songwriters: Nathaniel David Rateliff"
********
Did you like the chapter?

What do you think of Olin's judgmental behavior?

What do you think of Tyler now?