Chapter 1.

Bianca's Point Of View

I stared at myself in the mirror. I will be running late for my interview if I don't pick an outfit already. What does one even wear to an interview for a child caregiver? I threw off the black tank top and stood in my bra and jeans.

"Bianca get downstairs if you want to get there on time!" My sister Laurel yelled.

"Almost done!" I called back.

I decided on a simple white top, high-waisted jeans and flats. This should be enough, I mean I'm not walking in there in formal attire. I mean I'll be the nanny for crying out loud.

I rushed down the steps.

"Bianca if you don't slow down you won't even get to the interview." My mother said from the couch in the living room. We lived in a small two-bedroomed apartment, I shared a room with Laurel and our Mom took the other.

"You took two hours to get ready and that's what you're wearing?" Laurel asked in shock. She dramatically griped her chest and slipped off her chair.

"I have failed!" She cried to the ceiling.

"Thank goodness you don't want to be an actress" I said walking towards the kitchen.

"My acting skills are still better than what you call your sense of fashion." She called from the living room.

"Bianca if you don't get out of here you can kiss this job goodbye." Mom reminded.

"With that being said, toodle-oo" I hollered on my way out.

"Weirdo!" I heard Laurel say before I shut the door.

I hailed a cab and gave him the address.

My Mom and my sister are all I have left. We were never rich, but ever since dad died life has been tough. I had to step in and help mom as much as possible, I had to compromise my education to make ends meet and for my little sister's education. Mom just couldn't handle the bill alone. She works at a nearby bakery and I've been working as a child caregiver, nanny, or babysitter whatever you want to call it for quite a while now.

"Ma'am, this is the place" The driver said.

I handed him some notes before I stepped out.

This was the upside of town, this is where people enjoyed the finer things in life. I thought as I walked up to the large gates and pressed the buzzer.

After a few moments, the gates automatically opened. I followed a stone path that led to the front of the house. There were gardens on either side of the path, I've never seen grass so green or petals so vibrant. The path twisted into a roundabout with a fountain in the center. Even the fountain was extravagant, a cupid-looking baby angel stood in ballet pose with one leg lifted back and water came out from the angel's bow.

I wonder why a baby would have a bow I thought and chuckled to myself. I think of the most bizarre things sometimes.

I walked up the steps of the mansion and knocked. An elderly lady in a green housekeeping outfit opened the door.

"I'm Bianca and I'm here for the interview from 'Every Parent's Dream' Child Care Agency. " I said.

She smiled politely and said, "Mr. and Mrs. Albert are waiting for you upstairs, follow me."

She opens the door for me to walk through and I almost get knocked out of my socks. I don't actually have socks on but I nearly got knocked out of my imaginary socks. This looks like something you see in the movies or magazines or fairy tales but not real life. A chandelier hung from the ceiling, there were two staircases that curved and met at the center. Even the air in here must have been expensive.

"Bianca I think it's best if you keep up." A voice said

I looked at the source of the voice and saw Susan at the base of the stairs.

I felt like a sponge out of water for getting caught zoned out.

I mumbled a small sorry and followed after. "It's okay dear, this is quite a house." She said.

"Oh and close your mouth dear." She added before she turned around.

We walked up to a brown wooden door where Susan knocked. We heard shuffling and a breathless "Come in." From inside.

"Sir, Madame... This is Bianca from 'Every Parent's Dream' Child Care Agency. " she said.

"Oh Susan, you still decide to call us Sir and Madame after all these years?" The female questioned.

"It just feels more appropriate." She replied.

The woman shook her head in defeat and adverted her attention to me.

"come on in Bianca, take a seat." She said.

I started getting sweaty palms and butterflies in my stomach. It's not my first interview but this is the wealthiest family I've worked for. I don't know what they are expecting.

They look nice but that's beside the point. I've learnt looks can be deceiving.

"So Bianca." The man said. "Let me start by introducing us, My name is Benjamin Albert and this is My wife Genevieve Albert. We have two children, a six-year-old boy Caleb, and Three-year-old Catherine." He went on. I tried to make note of all the details in my mind.

"So...Bianca, can you please tell us about yourself?" Mrs. Albert asked.

Wow! That was a really hard question. Describing yourself is never easy, well...here it goes.

"My name as you must already know is Bianca Marian, I'm 26 years old. I'm currently a law student and I graduate end of next year." I said trying not to rush through or stutter my words.

"Hmm...Why do you want this job?" Mr. Albert asked

"I need to help support my family, Sir" I replied.

"You're only 26 that seems young to work this job" Mrs. Albert said. "Not to be rude." She added.

"Yeah, I get that a lot, but my family really needs the money and this is a decent job that I can find without major skills. Plus I'm not on full scholarship so I need to cater the reaming balance by myself." I said.

They both nodded in understanding.

"What do you do in your free time Bianca?"

"I don't get much free time, but I like to read, cook and paint" I answered.

"Are you good with kids?" She asked.

"I like to think so." she nodded.

"Are you in a relationship?" She asked.

"No ma'am." I answered.

"Good! You can start tomorrow evening from 5 pm to 9 pm." She said.

I was shocked, I looked at both of them and they smiled at me getting up.

"You can meet the kids right away...That's if you want." He said.

I couldn't process what had just happened. Then it sunk in and I leaped out of my seat and shook their hands in thanks.

***********************************************************************************************
To my beloved readers out there thank you so much for giving me a chance. I'm really excited about this book, I'm hell-bent on completing it. Even if I only get 10 readers at the end of this I really want to give this a shot.

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter if you did please vote and comment.

The comments would really mean a lot to me because I'm a beginner so I would like to know my areas of improvement and also so that I can make the story better.

Thanks :)

XOXO

L.