Chapter 3.

Bianca's POV 

It's Monday again and I know many people don't like Mondays and I used to be on of those. That was until I landed this job. I look forward to taking care of Caleb and Cathy every time.

I quickly glanced at  my watch. It was 4 pm I had an hour before my shift starts. I had finished most of my collage work this weekend and this afternoon. No one ever told me law would be this hard, but I'm determined to fulfill my dream.

I knew I would have to work hard and that's what I signed up for.

Putting on my black all stars I rushed down the steps. Mom hadn't come home yet and Laurel would be here soon, she also had her classes in the mornings and afternoons and worked at a nice restaurant at night. 

I grabbed a soda from the fridge and I heard the front door open.

"I'm home looser!" Laurel yelled walking in.

"Seriously? What if mom was the one home?" I asked as she rounded the counter into the tiny kitchen.

"Well then thank God she's not here." She said taking a sip from my soda.

"HEY!" I say swatting her away and retrieving my drink.

"You going to take care of Caleb and Cathy tonight?" she asked sitting on the counter top.

"Yeah, I have about 20 minutes to spare if I want to get there on time." I answered.

"I'll go get some rest before I go off to work." She said getting of the counter heading to the stairs.

"Hey can you make something for mom before you leave?" I pleaded.

"Yeah, sure." She said without looking back.

I thought she would have made a fuss over how she hates cooking but I guess this is my lucky day, she must be too tired to even put up a fight.

Twenty minutes later I was out the door and hailed a cab. Exactly twenty-five minutes later I was at their house. I paid the cab driver and got out.

I rushed up the steps and opened the door. I found Susan coming down the stairs with a laundry basket.

"Hi Susan!" I greeted.

"Hello Bianca! How are you?" she replied.

"I'm fine thanks. Where are the kids?" I asked.

"Oh they are up stairs in their rooms I'm sure they just got up from their naps." She said carrying on with her duties.

I rushed up the steps to collect Cathy first. I walked in her room and found her playing with some toys.

"Hey Cathy!" I said excitement clear in my voice.

She turned and dropped her toy running into my arms. "Yancaaaaaa!" 

It was difficult for her to pronounce Bianca so she just called me 'yanca'.

I picked her up and marched into Caleb's room, he was spread across the bed reading a book about cars.

"Caleb!" Cathy called as we walked into his room.

When he saw me he also came running towards me for a hug. I put Cathy down and opened my arms to Caleb. He was such a sweet kid, he didn't talk as much as Cathy but was always alert and observant. He enjoyed reading and that wasn't a usual hobby for a kid his age but I loved him none the less.

I have grown so attached to these kids in just a week that it's almost crazy.

"So who wants a snack?" I asked.

"Me, me, me ,me!" They both yelled jumping up and down.

"Well then chipmunks, follow me." I said heading to the kitchen.

Cathy wasn't completely comfortable walking on stairs so when I reached the top, I picked her up and went down stairs with them. I placed on a sofa in the living room and turned on the T.V.

"What should I make?" I asked them.

"SANDWICH!" Cathy exclaimed.

"CHEESE SANDWICH!" Caleb piped in.

"Okay then, I'll be back in a jiffy." I said heading to the kitchen.

This was one of my favorite parts of this house. The kitchen was amazing, it almost felt like heaven in here. There was so much space and a thousand more utensils and appliances that we lacked at home. I enjoyed cooking, so this was like a dream to actually stand in a kitchen like this.

I grated the cheese, cut out the crusts and grilled the sandwiches a little to melt the cheese. I made sure not to grill it too much because then Cathy wouldn't be able to eat it, because it would be too hard for her tiny teeth to chew.

I cut up the sandwiches in little triangles for Cathy and Two large triangles for Caleb.

As I was heading back to the living room I hear the door open and Cathy screamed in delight.

When I turned into the living room I froze. I saw Cathy and Caleb in the arms of a tall built man. His stormy grey eyes and pitch black hair were alluring. He had on an expensive suit, it hugged him quite snug, Could he breath in that?

Just as he felt my presence in the room his eyes snapped to mine. He put the children down and stood in font of them in defense mode.

"Who the f*ck are you?" he said in utter shock and fear.

"Uncle Luca said a bad word!" Cathy exclaimed from behind him.

"Sorry Princess." He apologies and turns back to me, he kinda looks scarry and I almost want to run.

Instead I keep it together, straighten my back and reply. "I'm Bianca, their caregiver."

"Who are YOU?" I add, turning the tables.

"I'm Lucas, their Uncle." he says stressing on the word uncle.

We stare at each other for a few seconds trying to figure out if there is any danger.

I break the silence and say "Give me a second."

I rush back to the kitchen. On the fridge is a list of emergency contacts.

I dial Benjamin's number and he picks up on the first ring. I try to be as quiet as possible because the thing with big houses is that they have the tendency to echo sounds and conversations.

"Sir, there is a man in house claiming to be Cathy's and Caleb's uncle." I whisper, panic in my voice.

"Oh you mean Luca?" He asked.

"Yes...that's what he calls himself." I say.

I hear a laugh on the other end, "Yes he's their uncle, he drops in from time to time." he says.

I breath out a sigh of relief. "Thanks for letting me know though, that was the right thing to do." he said.

"Okay sir, bye." I say and hung up.

I head back to the living room with the sandwiches and find Mr. Luca playing with Cathy on his back and Caleb running behind them with one of their guns.  

It's almost weird looking at this man and how big and scarry he is yet so friendly and playful with the kids. I place the plate on the coffee table and he puts Cathy down so they can come eat.

The children munched away on their snack.

"That wasn't the best of introductions." Mr. Lucas says breaking the silence.

I looked at him "Yeah, what did you think I was going to do? Stab them with grilled cheese sandwiches?" I answered.

He chuckled a little and looked at me closely. "I'm Lucas de la Martini." he said holding out his hand for a handshake.

I looked at the hand and replied " Bianca Marian." I shook his hand.

Hearing his full name roll on his tongue sent shivers through me. I had to admit he was very attractive. 

EDITED