Chapter 26.

Bianca's POV

Lucas has been spending a lot of time here, he claims it's just to see the kids but I know it's more than that. And I hate to say but he is right, Isaac and Isabella derservr the complete family they wish for.

On nights that Lucas stays over both Izzy and Isaac prefer to sleep in his bed, which kind of makes me feel like they are betraying me, but I understand that they are making up for lost time. They have had plenty of chance to sleep with me in the past, it's just simply his turn.

Isabella has opened up to Lucas as much as she possibly can. She is shy by nature so that limits her conversation skills a little, but she is doing her level best.

I am busy in the kitchen preparing dinner, when there is a suddend squele of joy from the living room where Izzy and Isaac were doing their puzzle. Their joyous outburst must have been cause by Lucas's arrival.

"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Come see!" Isaac shouts on top of his lungs.

"Well what do we have here?" He asks

"I-th-aac and me are making puzzle." Izzy explains. Isaac and me are making puzzle

They continue their adorable interaction as I concentrate on finishing off dinner before it's too late.

As I'm almost done, Lucas finally walks into the kitchen startling me.

"Gosh Luca! You scared me!" I pant out griping my chest, almost dropping the salad I was tossing.

"Hey." He simply answers ignoring my reaction.

"Now you come greet me?" I ask, making my way around my kitchen.

"Awwwww! Did Bianca miss me?" He teases.

"Of course not! It's just rude to enter someone's house without permission, and not greeting the owner to make matters worst." I say in an overly dramatic manner.

"Oh! I was hoping you were making a fuss because you missed me." He resorted, with mock hurt in his voice.

"For the record! I wasn't fussing!" I pointed out.

"Dinner is almost ready, don't just stand there looking all pretty and help me set the table." I joke

"Right away!" He answers heading to the cupboard.

I couldn't believe how well everything went when Lucas was around. I hate to admit it but he was right, the children do deserve the family they desparatly want.

Am I really holding back my feelings in the best interest of my children? Or is my massive ego getting in the way of everything?

Maybe it's the best of both. It would be very unwise of me to jump into a marriage with Lucas after all these years apart. We never even got to day officially and in this era there are tons of single mothers. I'm not trying to be egoistic here, I'm trying to way out my options before making any rash decisions I may regret later on in future.

###################################

After dinner Lucas offers to tuck Izzy and Isaac into bed, so that I can getting started washing up.

As I cleared the kitchen counters and load the dishwasher, Lucas walks into the kitchen.

"Dinner was lovely." He compliments.

"Thanks! I try." I answer with a smile.

"You're spending the night?" I ask.

"Not tonight it's a weekday , but I'll be sure to stay over this weekend. I don't have much going on." He explains.