Chapter 38.

Bianca’s POV

I walk into my office a week later to find yet another bouquet of roses. I roll my eyes and walk over to read the note... Let's see which cheesy quote Luca came up with today.

The prettiest flowers have the sharpest thorns, just as the prettiest women have the toughest hearts.
I love you my flower.
XOXO,
Luca

"Not bad." I say to myself.

I'm running out of place to keep these flowers, I've already bought four new vases.

I know some would question why I keep the roses he gets me when I can simply throw them away. Well, that would be a waste of such beauty. They are just too pretty, anyone in their right mind would keep them too.

Setting my handbag down on my table, I take out my file and prepare for the long day ahead.

After a full day of going over cases and meeting clients, I'm ready to go home and put my feet up. Luckily, I didn't have any hearings today so I wasn't in court. Such days put the 'T' in tiresome.

Rushing I get a call from Gen. Putting the phone on speaker so that I can concentrate on the road, I answer her.

"Heyyyyyy." I greet.

"Hiiiiiiiiii!" She responds.

"You'll never believe who I saw today during lunch." She tells me.

"Who?" I ask, curiosity getting the best of me.

"That leech that's claiming to be carrying Luca's baby." She tells me.

"Nooooooo..." I respond.

"And that's not the best part, she was all over some other guy and they looked pretty cozy." She informs me.

"Genevieve Albert!" I exclaim. "You've got to be kidding me!" I utter in shock.

"Sweety I got your a$$ covered, it's Special Agent Genevieve on the case." She jokes.

"OMG this is good news now we just need proof." I tell her.

"Did you hear anything I said? I said I got your a$$ covered, I sent  the pictures to your phone just before I called." She says.
I squeal in delight in response to the news.

"You know Jenny, Flo and myself have been trying to crack this case but we've just had assumptions. This is something solid we can build on." I tell her.

"I always got your back sis." She tells me.

"Oh you have no idea how much help this is!" I tell her. "And we have eachother's backs." I emphasize.

"Yeah cheers hun, I gotta go." She tells me.

"Buh bye! See you this weekend, the kids are taking my house right?" I ask.

"I don't know I'll ask Cathy and Caleb, I don't know how they choose whose house they'll be causing a ruckus at." She responds.

We end the call and I speed home, extra jovial.

As soon as I park my car in the garage, I head inside and go
straight to my room for a shower, with the intention of going down to share the good news with Jenny and Flo.

Rushing up the stairs, I stumble into my room and rush to the dressing table. I take off my jewelry, humming to myself. I take off my suit jacket, kick off my heels, take off my blouse and wiggle out of my pencil skirt. Only now do I feel someone's eyes on me, I turn to see Lucas sprawled on the bed with his laptop on beside him. His hair is damp so he probably just came from taking a shower, he's wearing nothing but boxer shorts.
My eyes sweep down and linger on his chest before looking back at his face.