Chapter 6.

Bianca's POV

As I got into the cab I called Ben.

"Hello Sir, There is a personal emergency and had to leave early. My mom's in the emergency room, but I assure you that the children are well catered for. They are almost done with dinner and Sir Lucas will tuck them into bed." I explained.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'll call Lucas and check how's he's doing with the kids, there is a reason why we don't let him babysit our kids. However, I hope everything goes well with your mom, all the best." He replied.

"Thank you, Sir." I said and hung up.

I sent a text to Gen next

Hey! I had to leave work early because of a family emergency. Mom's in the hospital, but the kids are with Lucas. He'll put them to bed. -Bianca

After a few moments her reply came.

That's alright dear. Lucas is around? - Gen

Yeah! He's around a lot. -Bianca 

Oh! -Gen

Which hospital is she at? -Gen

She's at Princess Marina Hospital -Bianca

Okay! Take care. -Gen

Thanks bye- Bianca

I put my phone away and said my prayers. As the taxi rounded the corner and entered the hospital gates. I got my cash ready, so the second the car stopped I was out and paid through the window.

I rushed into the hospital, the emergency waiting room was as busy as ever. As I was going to the front desk I noticed my sister Laurel, sitting in a seat crying quietly and shacking violently.

I rushed to her, taking the seat besides her and hugging her. "Laurel take deep breaths Laurel." I said trying to calm her. 

As much as I wanted to fall apart too, I held it together for Laurel. If she saw me break down, she would go into full panic mode and that will just make the list of problems longer. 

After a while of breathing exercises, she finally calmed down. 

"Come, when mama wakes up she won't be happy seeing you like this." I said and dragged her to the bathroom so that she could wash her face.

"Do you know anything that happened?" I asked when we got back to our seats.

"I just got a call saying that she was in a car accident and I had to get here as soon as possible. It was apparently a drunk driver that crashed into mom's taxi on her way home." She answered.

We sat for a while then a nurse came and asked us about health insurance and I gave her all our details. 

"What's wrong with our mom?" I asked.

She was about to leave without answering but I garbed her elbow.

"Excuse you madame! We been waiting here for a while now and we haven't heard a single thing about our mother. We know absolutely nothing about what's going on, she could be dying for all we know." The nurse looked shocked by my out burst.

"What? You can't talk now? You sure as hell could seconds ago when asking about payment methods." I seethed losing my temper.

"Ma'am please calm d-" She started.

"Don't you DARE tell me to calm the heck down. I have every right to be angry in situation." I yelled in her face. People were now looking.

"Ma'am everything is under control." She said, I saw fear in her eyes.

"Everything is under control?"  I  burst out laughing, now everyone was defiantly looking.

 "Everything is under control!" I mocked her.

"Everything is under control, so let me just stop worrying and head off home to continue with my life BECAUSE everything is under control." I said sarcasm dripping off every word like honey, but there was nothing sweet about what I was saying.

"Listen here nurse, I not asking for a full report on what happened and an interview with the doctors, I just want to know what happened to my mom and what they are doing to her. I have every right to know!" I said trying to calm down again.

"She has a few broken ribs and will probably need a knee replacement. Her right knee isn't looking too good, it might not be able to heal by itself. She won't be able to stand in it for a while and will need rest for as much as possible. Luckily  there was no serious brain damage but she might have slight memory loss from the impact." She explained.

"That wasn't so hard now was it?" I said and walked away from her. Stupid idiot, she's probably in training and doesn't even know the first thing about being a nurse.

"YO! What the hell got into to you? I can't remember the last time you lost your cool." My sister said in amusement.

"Well that Beach deserved it." I said. 

"But that was legit, how you handled that! You put her on the right track sis." she said as she playfully punched my shoulder.

I let out a sigh and tried to measure my breathing to fully calm down. I didn't easily loose my temper but when I did it wasn't nice, this wasn't even the worst of it. I was just getting fired up, thankfully she gave in easily other wise she would have joined my mom in the operation theater if she hadn't complied.

From then on we kept getting information on her progress with the ribs and the knee replacement. Laurel and I thought it would best if they did replace it because we didn't want to take the risk of it not healing. It would probably give her trouble and she would be in a lot more pain if it didn't heal. Then they would have to replace it later on, so it would be better to deal with the issue now instead of later.

Laurel and I fell asleep in the waiting room. I was on one end of the chairs and she was on the other. The nurse suggested we go home but none of us were willing to leave our mom here alone. It wouldn't have done any good because we would be worried sick. So we both stayed.

After I don't know how long, I got woken up with a tap on my shoulder and someone calling my name. I opened my sleepy eyes but they couldn't focus right away. 

All I saw were stormy grey eyes looming over me.

*******************************************************************

A/N

Here's another update beautifuls! I'm working at super speed to get as many chapters as possible up, because... I love you guys :) AYYYYYYEEEEE!

Any way please take a second to vote, share and please please with a cherry on top drop a comment. Tell me what you think, what I can improve on. Even a simple smiley face will be enough.

Depending on how my health is I hope I'll be able to post TWO more chapters again TODAY... keep you fingers crossed. But I'm not promising anything.

LOts of Love

L.