Chapter 13.

Bianca's POV

Its been two moths since we moved here and I have to say, this is one of the best decisions I've made in my life. The work is good, the hours are a little long but the pay is totally worth it. Laurel and I have separate rooms now, she's still studying and is graduating this year. I don't really know what her plans are, but I'm sure she'll get it all figured out in time. My phone went missing and I went to get a new one. So I also changed my contact details when I got here, it was just easier. I didn't have any serious friendships there anyway, it made more sense to get a fresh start.

Mom doesn't even have to work an extra job now, there is a cafe down the road owned by an old lady where she goes to work. Although, I wouldn't call it working because all they do is sit around, chat and make every one else work.

The house is fully conditioned and has a functional heating system, that's a plus because winter is coming soon.

However, my body has been having a hard time adjusting to change of environment... I think. It started around last week that I started throwing up, it's usually in the mornings but it sometimes comes in early in the afternoon. 

I got pulled out from my thoughts by a slap on the cheek.

"Ouch!" I exclaim rubbing my cheek.

"What was that for?" I ask getting up to get a glass of orange juice.

"You weren't listening to me." My mom replied.

"Child abuse is a crime." I whined.

"That's God, because you're a grown a$$ woman." She replied.

"Mama!" I said in shock, she's never been the one to cuss.

"I think you're spending too much time with Ms. Wilson." I complain.

"Back to the point, I think you need to go see a doctor." she says.

"Mama I'm fine, it just the change in environment and a little work pressure. I've never had an office job before." I shrug off.

"No I'm serious. You've been throwing up for two weeks, I'm getting the impression that you are pregnant." She said string her coffee and taking a sip.

That thought made me freeze, it made me remember something or rather someone I wanted to forget so bad.

I remember that night, him...me...us. It was magical, the experience was forever burned in my mind. I don't think I'll ever forget that passion, it invades most of my dreams. 

I miss him, I really do. But I really have to do this, I had to come here because I want to make something out of my life. I want tot work for myself, give a purpose to my life. I have ambitions that I have to live up to and fulfill, I want to be an independent woman. Women back then weren't allowed to work, I'll take this chance, make the best of it and it's the 21st century anyway.

Just then another slap met my other cheek.

"Stopp!" I snapped.

"Stop zoning out, get in the car we're going to the hospital." She said garbing her bag.

"No I have work." I insisted.

"On Saturday?" She asked raising a brow.

"It's Saturday?" I asked shocked.

"Yeah you got your head so far into your work you barely even know the date missy." She scolded.

"Now get up and get in the car." She scolded some more.

I dragged my feet towards the door making a scene, she opens the door wider for me to get out and followed after me.

We got in the car and she started driving. We were a short while away from the clinic when it hit me!