Chapter 35.

Lucas's POV

Ben Dad and I are in my study and as soon as we enter Ben who is my best friend lands a punch to my jaw, sending me down with the sudden blow.

Just as soon as it came I retaliate, launching for him. Throwing a few of my own punches.

What's with this guy and his wife hitting me in my home? I ask myself.

We brawl in my office for what felt like forever. Before we can trash my office any more, Dad steps in to pull us apart. He manages to  break the fight apart before it gets out of hand.

He walk off to pour us each a glass of whiskey. Handing us a glass each, he walks back to where I store my liquor to pour himself a glass.

Ben takes a seat on the arm chair and I move around to the sofa on his right. Dad pours himself a tequila and comes to join me on the sofa.

“How could you f*cking do this?” Ben demands.

“How on earth could you do this to Bianca?”  Ben starts.
“And today of all days?? She lost her mom Lucas! Her MOTHER! And you invite your hook up to the funeral? That's a whole new level of disrespect!” He rants.

“I didn't invite her, she just showed up.” I inform him.

“The fact that there is another woman is a disappointment son.” Dad pipes.

“But please Ben! Let’s not get violent here, it won’t love anything.” He continues and I can see Ben visibly relax and takes a seat on an arm chair.

Dad walks over to pour himself a tequila and takes a seat on the sofa opposite Ben. I walk over and sit next to him.

“Lucas, before we can go any further can you please do us the honor of reviewing this mystery woman’s identity.” Dad starts.

“It doesn’t even matter who the hell she is just get rid of her before you loose more than you’re repaired to loose.” Ben scoffs.

“You’re risking your reputation, as a business man you should understand that your actions and behavior represent the company and your carelessness can reflect negatively on the companies.” Dad clarifies.

“But how do I do that? I told her that I can’t meet her anymore and then she pulled that stunt." I sigh.

Taking a long swig of my drink, I savour the strong taste of the whiskey. The burning liquor sliding down my throat and birning it's way to the pit of my stomach as I swallow. After the liquid fire takes it's effect I feel my muscles relax.

We sit in silence for a long while, thinking of any possible solutions. Break through arrives as Ben slams his glass on to the vintage wooden coffee table in front of us.

"Luca you're sure this child isn't yours?" He asks.

"For the hundredth time, YES." I answer.

"Could it be she is lying and isn't pregnant at all?" Dad asks.

"What  I know for sure is that she's lying, weather about me being the father of the child or the whole pregnancy." I say.

"The only way to find out is to call her, to clarify a few things." Ben says.

"What? You think she'll just admit to lying just because we asked nicely." I mock him.
"Luca if she's lying we're bound to catch her if we bombard her with questions. You see lying is a tricky art, you tell one lie and you need twenty more to back it up. Then you need forty more to back up the twenty you told, before you know it you have weaved a complex pattern of lies. All of which are difficult to keep track of, so what we need to do is find a loop hole." Ben explains.