Chapter 15.

-Time skip 4 years (Isaac and Isabelle are turning 3)-

Lucas's POV

I was staring out my office window at the top of the 45 story building, my thoughts kept wandering to the same person. 4 years and I still wasn't over her, 4 years and I still haven't moved on, 4 years and I still miss her. 

A knock interrupted my thoughts and my PA walked in.

"Sir, I came to remind you that you have to go pick up Caleb and Cathy. You have to take them to the water park today." She said.

"Thank you! Tell Chad to bring my car out front." I replied not turning away from the window. I continued staring for a while longer. I had so much, I had an empire, I had wealth, good looks, and anything my heart desired. I had so much power and prestige, other people dreamt to have the life I had. But the thing I wanted most I couldn't have, the person I longed for most I couldn't hold. Life is such a B*tch, I thought and headed to Ben and Gen's.

I walked through the familiar doors and found Susan doing her daily duties. "Hello, Susan." I greeted.

"Hello, Sir." She replied kindly.

"The kids are waiting for you upstairs, they are almost done getting ready." She said reading my thoughts.

I mostly come here for the kids anyway, their parents are usually out at work and come home in the evenings.

I walked up the stairs and went to Caleb's room first, he ever had his nose a book. When I was ten years old I was eating worms and hunting bugs, I never touched a book until my senior year of high school because my father threatened to shoot me in the leg.

"Hey, there pumpkin!" I said.

"Hey, Uncle Luca!" He replied putting his book down.

"You ready to go?" I asked.

"YESSSS!" He shouted, throwing a fist in the air.

We walked to Cathy's room and found Chelsea doing her hair, when she saw me through the mirror she escaped  Chelasea's hold and ran into my arms.

"Uncle Luca!" she squealed and ran into my arms.

"How are you, Princess?" I asked.

"I'm fine do you like my bun??" She asked.

"I love it." I said smiling.

"Can we get going? We're going to be late." She said already heading out the door.

"Are you coming?" I asked, turning to Chelsea. She was their new nanny, she actually tried making a move on me. But I'm not looking for that right now, I haven't been in the mood for such since Bianca left. 

I've had my usual fing or two but they never managed to satisfy anymore, even when I'm with these other women I only think of her.

"Ummm... sure, I'm supposed to watch the kids anyway." She said shrugging.

We followed after Caleb and Cathy, Chealse had already packed their swimsuits.

We had to make a quick stop at my Mom's place to fetch her, she wanted to spend some time with her son and grandchildren. 

Yes I know what you're thinking, that crazy lady will be spending the day with us.

#####################################

"Lucas opens the damn windows it's hot in here!" Mom screamed from the back.

"My poor grandkids need fresh air" She scolded.