5 - Muggle Things

Hermione and Draco had finished their schooling for the day and had decided to head back to their new room to discuss a set of rules for the pair.
Seeing as they now shared a room, bathroom, and class schedule.

Once they entered their room they sat down across from each other, Hermione on the bed and Draco in the comfortable chair that was across from it.

"Alright, I'll start off. Always knock on the bathroom door, no matter what, even if you know it's empty." Hermione says looking toward the bathroom

"Perhaps we should write this down...Don't wake me up unless I'm going to be late for class. I enjoy my sleep and you never know what I may do if you make me up in the middle of it." He smirks writing it down on the parchment that he had grabbed a few seconds ago.

"So it seems we're taking turns, huh? Oh! No insulting or demeaning names. Such as Mudblood. It's a horrible name." Hermione scowls taking the parchment from him and writing it down quickly.

"If you've noticed, I haven't called you that name since." He tells her

She racks her brain, trying to pick out an instance where he had since they had been paired. She couldn't find any example of him calling her the humiliating name.

"You-you haven't...Thank you. But that includes my friends. Your turn." She says trying to change the subject and handing him the parchment and quill.

"Alright, Always clean up after yourself, I hate when things are a mess." He says writing it down on the parchment, numbering it four in his perfect handwriting

"Do you have any more?" He asks her pushing the parchment and quill toward her

"Just add, to not be too loud." She says. Hermione loved the quiet. It gave her time to think, study, and read.

"If that's it I'm going to hang it to the back of the door. Supper starts in thirty minutes." Draco says awkwardly, not knowing what to do now.

"So...what's your favorite band?" Hermione asked. Again with the questions.

"You're going to be shocked when I say this...They're a muggle band..." He laughs sitting back down in the chair across from Hermione.

"Wow! I am surprised. But Muggles do tend to have great tastes in music. So...what band?" She asks extremely curious

"They're actually from like the 1960s...Perhaps you know of them, They were called The Beatles." Draco explains

"You like The Beatles!" Hermione all but screeches standing up from the bed to get closer to him

"Yeah..." He said sheepishly as she proceeded to ask him everything about them, as she was a fan too.

They continue talking about the Beatles for the next thirty minutes before dinner, Hermione mostly always agreeing with him, whether it be on favorite songs, most underrated songs, or favorite band members. They had agreed on just about everything.

Maybe we have more in common than we thought, Hermione thought as they walked to dinner, still talking about their love of the band.

"I wonder what else we have in common. do you like any musicals?" Hermione laughs

We've already discussed great books that we both like...which again was a muggle book...Draco, do you have a fascination with Muggles?" She asks him noticing the trend

"No! I just wondered what they were all about, I had been trying to figure out why my father hated them so much over the break. I ended up kind of loving everything though. Also, what's a musical?" He laughs rubbing his neck awkwardly

She laughs, "A musical is a movie or stage show with most of the story being told through music. And before you ask, a movie is like a book, but with moving pictures." She smiles

Who would have thought? Draco Malfoy loves Muggle things. Hermione hated to admit it but she was starting to understand why the hat would place the two together. Although she wasn't going to admit anything more than that...It's not like she liked the git.

Draco and Hermione parted ways at the doors of the Great Hall, not bothering to say goodbye or wave, Ginny would surely ask Hermione about that if it happened. She was going to try and fight this for as long as possible. After all, she had just been forced out of a relationship with the man she loved dearly, who was now also being forced with another woman...a woman she did not like at all.

"Hey Gin." Hermione says sitting down next to the red-headed girl

"Hey 'Mione. How is it going?" She asks taking a sip from her cup.

"Fine now. I'm sorry I blew up earlier today." Hermione apologizes putting some food on her plate.

"We understand. You're going through the roughest change of all of us. I did see Malfoy rush after you though when you stormed out..." She drifts off

"Yeah. I think we are starting to understand each other. We've been getting to know each other, we actually have a lot in common..." Hermione tells her

Ginny and Hermione kept talking about Draco Malfoy and how he acted, how he changed, and just about everything that Hermione had learned about him. When Hermione told Ginny about how Draco had an affinity for Muggle things, she almost flipped the table she was so shocked.

"How is that possible? His father thinks Muggles are the worst thing to ever happen to the world. But he loves their things?" Ginny asks shocked

"That's what I thought too, He said he wanted to know why his father hated them so much but he ended up falling in love with so many of their things; books, music...everything. It's quite strange. But we've really bonded through it." Hermione sighed

"Hermione. You. are. blushing. Make sure I'm the bridesmaid at your wedding." Ginny smirked as Hermione slapped her shoulder.

"Gin. We have to get married anyway. It's not voluntary. We may as well learn to get along with each other." Hermione sighed taking a bite of her chicken.

"Well...It'll be voluntary by that time. I can feel it in my bones. The hat was right about you two." Ginny smirks and before Hermione can attack her for saying such things, Ginny gets up from the table and runs out of the Great Hall, avoiding the wrath of Hermione.

Hermione stands up to go and chase her but decides to sit back down before she makes a huge scene. Soon Harry and Ron walk into the Great Hall, followed by Ginny hiding behind them...she was probably still hungry.

"Hey 'Mione. Good to see you, sorry about earlier." Harry says sitting down across from her

"It's fine Harry. I'm sorry for blowing up. Let's forget about it and eat. Oh and Ginny, don't worry. I will be getting you back when you least realize it." Hermione smirks at Ginny as she leans into Harry.

\\~//

Not a fan of this chapter...it's really a bit of a filler, but at least they're getting to know each other better...
Sorry, this is a bit later than usual...I might make 6:30 my new update time.

Also! Happy late Halloween! And early Christmas!

Till next time!

Xx Shelby