03 The Chosen

A sigh escaped my lips as I wait for this class to finish

A sigh escaped my lips as I wait for this class to finish. Usually I would pay attention and write down as many as my ears can catch, but after the exchange of information with Ara it seems like they just took all my attention in their arms.

I analyzed things and it is aligning to each other and screams out Real. I was confused, of things happening, things that happened, and things that might happen. Yet I can not seem to back down now that everything is closer than it seems.

A sigh left my lips as the professor finally places down his whiteboard marker and told the class is dismissed. Ara rushed out and her arms hooked with mine as she hurriedly moved like a squirrel on a tree branch. I said sorry for all the people she bumps into not really knowing why this woman was in a hurry. We reached the garden area of the school in which there were other students seating together having their own breaks. Ara sat down on one of the free benches that was near a big tree, our usual spot.

"What is it?" I asked her. Worried on why she was acting this way.

"Well, there's one more thing I haven't told you." she said fiddling with her fingers. It was a rare sight to see a nervous Ara but I held her hand comfortably wanting her to know that it was okay.

"Remember when I said the blonde guy and you fell down from the ugly giant?" She asked and I nodded.

"Well the blonde guy was falling down first, the seven men that I saw was also there but they were too busy captured or fighting- I don't know, in the middle of the process when both of you were falling down, y-you suddenly raised your hand... a-and the blonde guy floated in the air." Her head was down.

"What's wrong Ara? Why are you crying?" I brought my hands on her face as I see tears running down her cheeks. She took deep breaths before she spoke again.

"B-but you... fell down. Then my dream ended. I-I was sweating and crying. Although I didn't really see you fall flat down, I was sure you got hurt." She broke down, I hugged her soothing her crying state. Even I was speechless. Was that just a glimpse of the future?

"It's okay Ara nothing will happen to me, okay?" I told her but deep inside I knew that single statement didn't reach sincere and true enough.

She nodded her head and blew a breath. I smiled at her before grabbing her hands and walking back to our next class. I finished the day saying goodbye to Ara, she asked me if I wanted to go with her but I received a text from my brother saying grandma wanted me to buy her a new Cook Book. My grandma had this hobby to recreate every dish on a cooking book, it's no wonder that the food in our house could be an international restaurant.

I walk down the street. The lights of the bookstore just a few walks away, before school started I would hangout in this store because it was also a library. Ara had lessons last summer, I did not know what, but she said it was something private between her family so I did not push any further. The smell of lavender filled my nostrils.