17 Fajao | Realm of the Sky

In the middle of the forest, there are two girls who do peculiar things as a 'hang out'

"Block this!" Ara shouted as she held her wooden stick and stroke it towards me.

Out of reflex I crouched down and held my own stick and hit her abdomen which made her groan.

"Nice one, Lara." She said before kicking my side completely distracting me.

"Hey! No fair." I said as I block her strong kicks. Sometimes I don't even know why I hang out with the general's daughter.

"Find a way out Lara." She said as she stands ready for a roundhouse kick.

I was not planning to get a bruise at the side of my face so in a split second I blocked the kick right above my face and with my other free hand grabbed her foot before twisting it that resolved her to fall.

"Ow ow ow ow!" Ara said repeatedly and I let her go laughing at her antics.

"You're getting good at this Lara, maybe you should train with me," Lara added as we walk to the fallen log right under a tree and there we drank and gathered the lost energy.

"Honestly Lara, I'd rather eat what grandma has for tonight than train with your buff dad." We both chuckled at the 'buff' word I let out.

"Hey! My dad's not that buff." She added and I laughed harder, we both know that's not true.

"Your dad is the epitome of steel." Ara slapped my arm playfully as we laughed harder.

"Well, your brother looks like a stick."

"Oh come on ara, even if my brother looked like a ball you'd still be into him." Ara looked at me bewildered before her face smiled.

"True." She said and I laughed once again at her antics. Remembering the smiles we shared with each other, oblivious of the danger coming. 

Now that I think about it, the ability I have as I went through the ruckus of dangerous events I was able to survive thanks to those unreasonable training Ara would pester me to do. The feeling deep within me slowly spurts out as I try to push back the bugging feeling of my best friend beside me.

I can't help but wonder if she'll be mad at me? Curse at me? Wonder where I am? Look for me? Worry about me?

"Deep thoughts, I guess?" I was snapped out of my thoughts as a deep voice spoke beside me.

I was currently in the kitchen eating a banana before the memory me and ara had flashed before me.

There stood before me is the brown-haired guy. What was his name again? Right! Jungkook.