12 Night Howls

We left Mr

We left Mr.Sherman's home full and well, he had invited us for dinner in which my brother didn't think over but agreed.

While eating dinner I was left rather bothered at all the information I have garnered from Mr.Sherman, I wasn't really the type to be too open on such things but slowly I had to accept the fact that when your on a mission to save everyone and a dying tree anything could happen.

We were now driving back home to the siblings place back at the dark, we really did not want to risk camping outside of the vicinity for too long because according to them, 'night is when the wolves howl'. I did not get anything from that but I was nonetheless thinking it was something I'll regret if I do not follow.

Across the car ride I asked Hoseok if he was ready to come with us. I expected the silence that enveloped us along with the siblings sad but grim expressions. I totally get it. When Hoseok comes with us that means he has to leave his sister here in Bajime. We can't risk for more casualties. After what seems like hours but mere minutes the orange-haired man finally spoke.

"Yes. Yes, I am." He said while looking at his sister. For a moment I saw how the moons light hit his face and the glistening tears fell from his round cheeks.

"He could be anywhere, really." Hoseok said casually.

We were in the middle of talking about the other Bajime Elemental. I told Hoseok that there are two elementals on each realm that means we have to look for another elemental before leaving. I saw Jiwoo's face lighten up at the thought of her brother staying longer but I had to ruin it.

"I'm sorry Jiwoo but we have to leave tonight and put hoseok's luggages to our vehicle then we'll set off to look for the other elemental." She stared at me with sad, disappointed eyes but she smiled sheepishly and nodded.

"I understand. I'll go pack him some more stuff." Jiwoo said before leaving.

I heard hoseok sigh watching her sister leave.

"I know it's hard, you'll get use to it. Besides we're here with you!" Jin said cheerfully lightening up the mood of hoseok. He looked at Jin for a second before nodding and sending him one of his bright smiles.

We spent at least 45 minutes inside hoseok's home before the Jung siblings were finally able to prepare the stuff. Jiwoo caressed her brothers cheek and tears flowed down in which she wiped off immediately.

"I'm gonna miss you." She said before hugging her brother.

"Me too." Hoseok said before hugging her sister tighter seeming like he never want this moment to end.

They pull back and Jiwoo wipes the tears that falls off Hoseok's cheeks too and gave him their identical shining smiles. "Take good care of yourself. Don't use too much energy and t—"

"—think wisely never rashly." Hoseok cut her sister off and smiled. I can't help but smile at the siblings in front of me.

They remind me so much of my own brother and I. Both alone without the companion of parents yet striving to live for each other. Like Mr.Sherman I have my grandma so everything still works well. The thought of my grannie made me long for her more. I miss her so much. I snap out of my thoughts when Hoseok finally walked towards us and his backpack full of things I do not know.