Chapter 5: Think I should make him a Welcome card?

"Oh, my god! No! Please! Someone make it stop!" I moaned as yet another kissing scene was displayed right in front of me. This time though, it wasn't Ian and Janice, but Mel and Dean. Don't get me wrong here. I love the fact that they're finally together and stuff, but seeing your best friend kiss your other best right in front of you, I don't know, it just seems gross.

They pulled apart and shot annoyed glances in my direction

"We were having a MOMENT here, Aubrey!" Dean moaned.

"No kissing in front of me!" I objected.

"Ok, daddy!" Mel laughed.

The bell signalling the end of lunch rang, and I ruffled Dean's hair saying, "Don't do anything I wouldn't do! And keep my girl safe!" And then I walked out the cafeteria with what was an attempt at authority.

As much as I wanted to deny it, I'd actually started to like Biology. Not because it was gross, but because Jaden was in it. Hell, I'd started to love every class after lunch simply because he was in them all.

No, I do not have any kinda feelings for Jaden, but his presence somehow makes me feel good. Sure, I resented the fact that we hadn't actually talked face to face after our chat, but it'd been a week now, and I'd grown used to it. I probably should've hated him for not talking to me after having such a heart to heart with him, but that was the strangest thing - I didn't. everyday I would go to school with the hope that he'll finally talk to me, or at least say hi. And everyday, I was let down. but it didn't hurt me. Maybe because I knew that our little chat wasn't just a one time thing. I utterly believed that Jaden had liked talking to me as much as I'd liked talking to him. 

I entered the Biology classroom to find him sitting on a bench that was two benches behind my own. He smiled at me as I entered, and I smiled back. I took seat on my desk, and waited for Ms. O'Brian to arrive. Five minutes later, when there was still no sight of O'Brian, I heard someone settle in on the empty seat beside me. 

As I turned, my eyes were greeted by Charlie's face. He flashed a smile, which I gladly returned. A few moments of awkward silence passed between us, when he finally decided to speak up.

"Hey, so I was wondering, Aubrey, would you like t-"

"Hey man! Haven't seen you in long enough!" Jaden cut in from behind me.

It was as if I was the burning house, Charlie was the fire, and Jaden here was the strong stream of water that shot down just before the house was completely destroyed, metaphorically speaking. He damn near rescued me. I didn't know what I'd have said if Charlie had managed to complete that sentence. I couldn't have said yes, because even though Charlie's a nice guy and all, I don't really know him too much, and just the thought of going anywhere with him as anything more than friends made me feel awkward. But I would've been too nice to say no. So it would've been a lose-lose situation for me. That is, if Jaden hadn't cut in.

"We met just yesterday, Jaden." Charlie sighed.

"Well, it felt like forever!"

Charlie looked truly disappointed. If not asking me out made him so disappointed, I wonder what would've happened if I had said no. 

"Whatever, man." And he went back to where he was sitting. 

Jaden, however stayed put behind me, leaning back in his chair. I made sure Charlie was back in his seat and looking anywhere but at me before turning to face a grinning Jaden.

"I think I did pretty well back there," he remarked proudly.

"Jaden, you still haven't told him I don't feel the same way?"