Chapter 8: My heart's a trapeze artist

Jaden stopped drumming his fingers and looked up at me as I slid into the seat in front of him.

"Hey," he said, smiling. "I was waiting for you..."

"Why? What's up?"

"Nothing at all. Just that it's been seven minutes since the bell rang and you're usually early, like two minutes after. So I got wondering if you weren't coming. Then I realized that Bio would be utterly boring if you weren't there. Then I started to wait for you."

"Oh, wow. That's....really...heartening!"

"Well, you just can't resist my boyish charm now, can you?"

"Oho! Totally! I just need you in my pants right now!"

He laughed. And then I thought, what the hell and joined him.

______________________________

I scurried to get to my car. It was late already and the hallways were clear - not a sign of anyone. I wanted to get home as soon as possible. Mom and dad weren't home and that meant I could feast on as many Lucky Charms as I wanted to without getting interrupted. Always, and I mean all the time, they have to snatch the carton away from me. I mean, come on! It's not as if I finish the whole bloody box in one go! (Ok, maybe I do. Yeah, I've got cereal obsession).

Anyways, back to the point. As I scurried to get to my car, I bumped into someone, hard. Really hard. It was as if I was an asteroid hurtling through space towards Earth at a gazillion miles per minute, and this person I bumped into was earth. Ok, fine, fine, maybe I hit the person a little harder than that, but you get the point.

As if it wasn't already a waste of time that I'd just bumped into someone as if it was my job, I stumbled backwards on the impact, then, in order to control myself from falling on my rear, took a few steps in front, then bumped into the person again, and this time the both of us fell - me on top of them. And during this whole incident, my eyes had remained closed. How was that even possible?!

"Oof!"

As I realized I was lying on top of someone, my eyes fluttered open to meet light green ones. As my eyes took in the whole face, the gasp that escaped my mouth was so loud it might've woken the dead (yeah, I've got a thing for exaggeration).

I not-so-quickly sat up as my brain registered that I was currently sprawled upon Ian Bowen. But sitting up wasn't enough, because I was still on top of him, and this pose of ours which was currently greeting the floors of the school hallway, seemed obscenely perverted. I was literally sitting on his stomach with one leg on either side of him, and my hands on his chest (not on purpose, I swear!), as he looked up at me in confusion.

I shamelessly stared back. A few seconds passed and he made no attempts to move. It was finally me that snapped back into reality, stood up, got both my legs to one side, and then helped him up. Yes, I helped him up. I can be a real idiot sometimes. Why couldn't I have just run away as soon as I got up? Because I'd rather trip in my attempts to run away from him, than stand here awkwardly, right next to him, my cheeks obtaining a shade of red I didn't know was possible for them to obtain.

Finally, he spoke, "Be careful..."

"Yeah, sorry.." I mumbled, turning to him, but he was already gone.

My heart had apparently decided to become a trapeze artist because it wouldn't stop doing random acrobatics and somersaults and bouncing from here to there inside my chest.

I took a moment to process what had just happened, then realized I couldn't, so just walked away, really slowly, to my car, the Lucky Charms forgotten. The first time I talk to Ian in years and I don't even really talk to him! Just attain an unintended position with him in the school hallway! Wow, just wow. Way to create impressions, Aubrey!

__________________________________________

A/N: Hey! So, short chapter today!

I really have nothing to say, today, so I'm just not gonna say anything. Anyways, hope you liked this chapter and if you did, comment/review, vote, read, etc. etc. It's seriously heartwarming to see the number of reads, comments and votes increase day by day on my story! Thank you so much for supporting my story! It's what keeps me going! So, yeah, that's about it. See ya!