Chapter 31: When One Needs The Other We Walk Like This

Surprise Surprise (again)!!!

_______________________________________________________

POV: Jaden Davis 

Jaden, you are the world's biggest idiot to ever exist. You were stupid and selfish, and now you're left with nothing but an angry heart and a green monster on your back. Ass. Hole.

How could I have been so stupid? Of course she'd fall for Ian again. She did it once, she'd do it again. I know I'd sworn myself off her and stuff, but it's so hard. I wanted to kick the wall when I saw him kissing her. Well, okay, he didn't really kiss her, but he was going to, and she wasn't objecting. I'd fled the place before the actual kiss took place, but I'm surer than sure that they're together now. Or maybe he broke her heart. I don't know!

Though it hurts so goddamned much to see her with someone else, what hurts more is the fact that she completely forgot me. It's only been a little over a month since we last talked, and she's already done with me. And it's all my fault. I knew she'd move on eventually, but not this fast - not when I wasn't even ready to look her in the eye without feeling pathetic. Not so fucking fast. 

Honest? I felt like punching Ian in the face again. I really did. But it wasn't his fault. Anyone would die to date a girl as amazing as that. Anyone but me, that is. I was a motherfucking wimp, and I ran away from everything. I ran from my feelings, I ran from the guilt, and I ran from her. 

"Mr. Davis!"

"Huh?"

"Please pay attention in class!" 

"I'm sorry Mr. Clayton."

Right, class. I'd let the first two periods pass by pretty much like I'd passed fifteen minutes of this one. But Clayton wasn't as cool as the other teachers, and he had a semi-hawk's eye. So, no indulging in self-remorse in this class. Oh, yay, let's do English instead.

And that was how third period passed. I did English, but still had my moments of wanting to bang my head onto the table.

When third period was finally over, though, and I was finding my way to the cafeteria, my eyes met the lovely sight of Ian Bowen standing right outside a classroom, waiting for god-knows-what or god-knows-who. Now, under normal circumstances, I'd glare at him and pass him by, but, I'd just spent the last two and a half hours thinking about how I'd like to punch him in the face again for kissing Aubrey, so, needless to say, I didn't just shoot him a glare and walk by. I freaking walked over to him.

Ian's whole countenance lit up with excitement as he saw me approaching him, and when I did reach him, he said, "Are you finally here to talk to me about Aubrey?"

I raised a brow, "Yes, actually, I - "

"Oh my god!" he almost jumped. "It's finally happening! You're finally here! Everything's gonna be okay! You-"

"Are you dating her?"

"Dating who?"

"Aubrey."

"No! God, no! Why?!"

"I saw you kiss her yesterday."

"I didn't kiss her! I acted out of - " he stopped himself short.

"Out of what?"

"The....the spur of the moment."

"So you kissed her?"

"No. She, uh, stopped me."

"Why?"

"I don't know, okay?! It's a miracle to me! But she did!"

I almost sagged in relief. HE DIDN'T KISS HER! There's nothing going on between them! So. Much. Joy. "So..."