Chapter 14: Kissing Jaden, Kicking Ian?

“Aw! That’s so sweet of Jaden! Ahh!! Look at Jeffery!”

I turned my head to look at Jeffery, who now had goo all over him. It was Monday and Mel and I were at the Chemistry lab, heating up goo in a test tube. Jeffery, this kid, had somehow managed to get the goo out of the stick-thin test tube and all over himself.

“How did he manage that!?” I grinned.

Jeffery heard me, turned his head to look in our direction and said, “I’m special that way..”

I chuckled as Mel directed me back to the conversation we were having a few minutes ago.

“Right. I could just smash that Ian’s balls right now. What’s that guy’s problem?! Why can’t he just shut up!?”

“Mel,” I said. “Calm down. It’s over now, plus, it’s not like I didn’t say anything to him.”

“Why didn’t you slap him?!”

“Didn’t wanna touch the filthy skin.”

“Kicked him in the balls, then?”

“I always found that kinda gross.”

“No, you didn’t. You kicked Jeffery in the balls in the third grade. I remember.”

Jeffery turned his head towards us again, “Me too. It’s hard to forget the time I couldn’t urinate without yelping, for three whole days straight. Really hard to forget it.”

“I didn’t know you had pissing problems!”

“Yeah, well. You shouldn’t have kicked me!”

I chuckled, “You asked for it!”

“I hadn’t done anything except call you stupid!”

“You called me stupid. That was enough!” I smiled.

 “Back to the party, Aubrey! Back to the party!”

“Right. So, yeah. That’s all that happened,”

“God, so much drama. You want a pep talk?”

“Sure.”

“Well, you’re a strong girl, Aubrey. You never cared about what people thought of you. You never found kicking people in the balls gross. So KICK IAN IN THE BALLS! Also, you should’ve kissed Jaden. I’m telling you, he’s an angel.”

“I have to admit, Melody, this is one of the best pep talks you’ve ever given! Note sarcasm. That was so not effective! I’m not kicking Ian in the balls!”

“Will you kiss Jaden, then?” she asked.

“Well…no!” I said.

“WHY?! Either kiss Jaden, or kick Ian in the BALLS!”

“No!”

“Do it! You’ll thank me later!”

“For what? Kissing Jaden or kicking Ian?”

“Both!”

“Nope. Not doing it!”

“Why won’t you?!” she moaned.

“Yes, Aubrey, why won’t you?” this time, a voice different from Mel’s or Jeffery’s spoke. This was the voice of Shane.

I whirled around. Well, not exactly whirled, just sort of turned my head behind while the rest of me was facing front because I was too lazy to turn my whole self around. God, I suck.

“Hey!” I almost shouted, grinning. I loved that guy for some reason. Loved him ever since I’ve met him. “What’re you doing here?!”

“I’m in your chemistry class, if you haven’t ever noticed before.”