Chapter 24: Lemme Take A Selfie

• Dedicated to ToAllThemLovelyPeopleOutThere

"AYE! JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE BELLS, JINGLE ALL THE WAY!"

"You are so pathetic, honestly, get a voice," I chuckled.

Mel scowled, shoving my shoulder playfully. "Don't blame me for being happy. It's the last day of school!"

Ah, right. It's the last day before our christmas vacation begins. Two weeks of Lucky Charms, F.R.I.E.N.D.S, my couch, boxers and Preston's T-shirts. Also, Christmas. I can't wait! I will miss my friends, though. Meh, it isn't like we're going to stay separated the whole of Christmas holidays. We are planning to meet up and go somewhere, all of us, so that, too.

But alas, time won't speed up for me, and so I'll have to wait. Stupid time. 

"Oh, puh-lease. You're just excited for your date with Dean tomorrow."

Mel blushed a little. It's kind of a rare occurence, "Yeah, well....HOW CAN I NOT BE?! HE'S TAKING ME TO MOTHERFUCKING CHRISTMAS DAYS!"

Let me explain. Christmas Days just so happens to be the epicest carnival in the epicest resort ever. It takes place only once a year - Christmas, if you want me to clear the obvious. They have this mega-huge thing every year for students like ourselves to visit during the vacations, and just have fun. The carnival, however, turns into storming parties as the day comes to an end, and it is every teenager's dream to be just there. It's two towns over. Dean's taking Mel because he knows it's her lifelong dream to go there ever since she was eleven. Plus, their six month anniversary is coming up on the twenty-third, and Dean would be out of town at the time, visiting his grandparents for christmas. Hence, he's taking Mel a few days before their anniversary, in order to "celebrate the beauty that is their relationship".  

Mel absolutely loves parties. It's like a fetish, but multiply that with a million. And her excitement is clear vibrating off of every inch of herself. I could say I've hardly ever seen her this happy. Dean deserves a freaking pat on the back.

I smiled, "Yeah, I still can't believe the sweetheart he's being by doing that. Kiss him multiple times for that but just not in front of me. I don't want to puke."

Melody chuckled and then bid me adieu, heading towards her locker to drop off a few books before lunch. I walked to the cafeteria, spotting Jaden in the process. He looked over and chuckled. I stood there, taking in his attire. 

We are totally matching! 

Well, not really, it's just the hat. 

The dark green beanie I'd seen him wearing when I'd first set eyes on him was set atop his hair, and he was smiling, grinning rather, at me and my green beanie, the one I'd insisted he buy me because I knew he had the same one somewhere. I walked over to him as he waited for me to catch up. 

"We might as well just become twins, " I said as I reached him.

"I could remove it if you'd like."

"Nah, leave it on. It suits you."

Jaden put a hand over his heart, "That might just be the biggest compliment you've given me. Oh, Aubrey, I am never ripping this beanie off my head. Thank you."

I rolled my eyes at him, "I'm removing mine, though."

"No! It's cute on you!"

And I faint. 

Not really, just feel like I'm going to. Well, not really, but I liked that he thought I looked good. 

"Why, thank you."

"No problem at all."

"Let's go. The crappy food will probably be all finished off if we head out late. And I'm famished."