Chapter 18: Let's All Raise Our Eyebrows And Look Stupid

Dedicated to @stereoactive for making the amazing new cover for this story. Thank you so much!

______________________________________________________________

"You get it,"

"No, you get it."

"No, Cameron get it."

"Hell no! If I did, you'd steal my chips!"

"You know she's way in love with her Lucky Charms to do that. Go get it," Preston said.

"True that," I said. "And anyway, you, Cameron, have gotten up not once, while Preston and I have both been off our asses twice, to get you food. So you go now."

Cameron pushed himself off the floor with a groan, "Fine, but next time something comes up, one of you guys is gonna get it."

"Nope!"

Slowly, he made his way to the door, narrowing his eyes at us. Unfortunately for him, as he concentrated on giving us the not-so-deathly death glare, he walked straight into the door. 

"Oof!" 

I winced - that looked and sounded as pathetic as it must've felt. Cameron took a step back from the door, looking dazed (I'm pretty sure he saw stars).  Between when I asked him if he was okay, and when Cameron glared daggers at the laughing-his-ass-off Preston beside me, I thought of who could possibly be at the door. Yeah, well, I'm pretty random.

I thought and thought and thought.......but then gave up because my mood wasn't looking to use my brain.

I was situated on the floor in front of the couch, Preston's laptop in front of me. Initially, Preston, Cameron (who was staying over for the whole weekend), and I had decided that we were bored, so we thought to watch some TV. But alas, when we settled down with all the food in our hands and all the cushions around and below us and switched it on, there was nothing good on, so we thought we'd watch this movie that looked a little good and was on - Spellbinder. Huge mistake. It had the worst freaking ending I'd ever seen. And I've seen The Grudge.

To lighten the mood after the movie we resorted to the one thing that we knew could keep us not-so-bored-anymore. Something with the power to keep us entertained till the end of time, concealed within its black, white and red logo. 

Something super called YouTube. 

So for the past two hours or so, we'd been watching the most pathetic parodies of Christmas carols ever (we'd started off watching Ryan Higa, but it just sorta took off from there).  

Anyway, so I unpaused the video and tried to get engrossed in it as Cameron opened the door. 

I heard a familiar voice say, "Hey."

Cameron turned his head to me without a word - his eyebrows raised. I couldn't see who the new arrival was, but was puzzled when Cameron shot me that look. 

"Is Aubrey home?" someone said. And now I knew who that someone was. 

I stood up and walked to the door, "Shane?"

He looked beyond relieved to see me. Cameron's eyebrows were still raised. Preston stood up and raised his eyebrows upon seeing Shane. Shane, looking at the two, raised his brows too.

Oh what is this?! A let's-all-raise-our-eyebrows-and-look-stupid fest?! I swear to god, boys are such idiots.

"Hello!" I said to Shane. "What're you doing here?" Somehow the blonde-haired-blue-eyed boy had a knack for paying me visits when I was at my laziest.