Chapter 21: I Could Easily Save Olive From the Big Hairy Dude

I vaguely felt my bag hitting my feet and a few of my books spilling out (what kind of utter idiot doesn't close their bag and holds it in their hand when they can clearly strap it on their back? Me), but didn't even bother with them. My eyes were too busy staring at the person's face. I hadn't seen that face for awhile, and trust me when I say this - I was beyond shocked. 

Because, ladies and gentlemen, right in front of me, stood our not-so-beloved boy in all his bruised-jaw-slightly-crooked-nosed glory.

Ian Bowen.

I stared at him with every shock related expression in the goddamned world plastered right on my face. He looked, well, good. Even with a crooked nose and bruised jaw, the guy looked good. Freaking greek god. 

As my eyes raked over his injuries, I thought of Jaden. He'd done this to him. For me. I'd felt so special. Honestly, sometimes this guy makes me feel like the most important person in the universe, and the other times he makes me feel like crap. Like now. I have got to get over him. But I like being around him so much, I wonder if that'll be happening soon. 

You idiot! Ian Bowen's staring at you! Snap out of it!

His green eyes bore into my own, staring at me with every bit of anticipation, as if I would suddenly snap at him and punch him in the gut. Or eat him up and crunch as loudly as I possibly could. 

When he realized I wasn't going to do anything but look like an electric current just ran through me, his shoulders relaxed a little, and he exhaled. 

This, apparently, was all I needed to register what had happened. Ian Bowen had hugged me.

Ian Bowen, the Greek God of a guy had hugged me.

Ian Bowen, the Greek God of a guy I'd had a crush on since fifth grade had hugged me. 

Ian Fucking Bowen had hugged me. 

I went back to being shocked. Not that I ever stopped.

Ian blinked and stared at me - his face a blank. He and I both knew I wasn't gonna get over my shock attack anytime soon. So, to zone me in, he did something I'd never expected him to do. Something he hadn't done in five whole years.

He said my name.

"Aubrey,"

That got me back on track. Microscopically, I raised a brow. For one second, he looked taken aback that I'd actually responded. Then he went back to the staring competition for two whole more minutes before saying, "I'm sorry."

Then he turned and walked away.

______________________________

I glared at the ringing phone. 

Stop ringing. I mentally commmanded. Unfortunately, I wasn't skilled at telepathy, and so it didn't stop ringing. 

Sighing, I picked up the phone, really really scared, "Hey."

"No. Don't you Hey me! Don't you freaking Hey me! I want an explanation! You've been acting weird the whole day and zoning out on me. Spill." he scolded form the other end of the line.

"Nothing, happpened, Jaden. Really, nothing happened."

"Then why'd you freak out at lunch?" his voice was softer now. "And Melody wouldn't even let me see you. She said you needed some time to think."

Note to self: Call Mel and thank her.

After lunch, I'd very, very slowly made my way to Biology, and had still managed to reach early. The whole class, and the rest of the classes, I'd avioded Jaden, refusing to even meet his eye. And when the final bell rang, I'd run out of class before he could catch me and make me talk. Since then he'd called me twice, and I hadn't picked up. But it was kinda hard to not talk to him when he was being this cute and concerned. All for me.