Chapter 9: And more.

"You're shitting me!"

"I shit you not, Melody. I literally crashed into him!"

"Why didn't you say anything!!"

"What could I have said?"

"I don't know! A simple Hi?! Or a 'what's up?'! Aubrey Jensen, you're a wuss."

"Come on Mel, I'd just thrashed into Ian Bowen - someone I have crushed on and have not spoken to since the fifth grade! I fell for him, and then fell on him, and you expected me to maintain my calm and say Hi?!"

"Fine...but the next time, you speak up."

I pulled up in the school parking lot and turned to look at Mel.

"There will be no next time. How many times do you think I attain sexual positions with Ian Bowen in the hallways of our school?"

"I hate it when you make sense."

"Aw! Stop it, you!"

She sighed, "So, how's it going with Jaden?"

I liked that about Mel. She talked about people like she'd known them forever. Like, she hadn't once spoken to Jaden, and had only looked at him a couple of times, but when talking to me about him, she used his name as if they'd been friends for a long time.

"Good. Dean?"

"Oh, amazing!!!!"

I laughed. She loved the guy. Even hearing his name perked her up.

____________________________________________________________

"So, what do you think?"

"I never knew you could think like that."

"Well, I can. Spent the whole night thinking about it. You think it'll do?"

"Yeah, but you're gonna go through hell if you're not safe."

"That, I'll manage, just give me advice, if any."

"It would really help if you told me who the guy is, Aubrey, so I know what he's capable of.."

"But I cannot, Troye! Understand that! I need your help with this! I'm not very skilled in this department, and I need to give this to the guy."

"But it would help if I knew the circumstances and the relationship.."

"You do know how wrong this conversation sounds, right?" Dean cut in with a smirk on his face.

I'd been sitting with the guys in the....you guessed it, CAFETERIA! Mel had gone to the washroom to touch up her makeup, and had dragged Tiara along with her for the simple reason that I as a human refuse to spend time on something as stupid as makeup, at least in school, and would not accompany anyone in doing so.

I ignored Dean, but made a mental note to talk softly.

"Relationship between who?!"

"Pranker and prankee!"

"Prankee?"

"Extreme prankster terms."

"Oh. But could you just please let the circumstances and stuff slide and just tell me if it'll work??"

"Fine. It'll work perfectly, especially if it rains. The stench tends to magnify in damp conditions."

"Perfect! I love you!"

"Actually, no. You love Ian."

"Thanks for ruining the moment, Troye."

"Always glad to help a friend."