Chapter 25: I'm Having A Party with YouTube, and Facebook isn't Invited

Aubrey Jensen: Hey! So what is it you want for Christmas?

Jaden Davis: You don't need to get me anything.

Aubrey Jensen: Yes, yes I do. Now tell me.

Jaden Davis: I don't know, Aubrey. Listen, I gotta go. Talk some other time. 

Are you kidding me?

I sighed and banged my laptop screen shut. Not really. I logged out of Facebook first, closed the open Chrome window, and then gently put the screen down. But the doing-it-with-force thing was totally in my head. I was kinda tired, actually. What with mom obbsessing over it already being mine and Preston's fifth day of the christmas vacation and claiming that we should get on with spending some quality time together. Preston and I politely declined, saying that we spent quality time together every night we settle down to watch football together. Mom said that was different, and that we should go out and do something. We said it wasn't, and that maybe we'd do it some other time.

Preston and I would have taken up the offer, actually, had it not been for Preston's plans for late afternoon. He has a date, and he's more than psyched up about it. He's picking this pretty girl from his grade up and taking her out to dinner. It isn't anything fancy, because she claims she doesn't like fancy stuff, and they're just getting out for cheeseburgers, shakes and fries. I'm kinda happy for him, actually. Mom, of course, does not know of Preston's little expedition. It's not like she'll stop him from going or anything. Quite the opposite, actually. Mom tends to get a little too....ah, excited about stuff like this. Preston intends to take off and then have to tell mom about it. But I have practice. Not like this hasn't happenend before, really. Preston's done this plenty of time. Every date since his first one, really. That boy learns fast.

Anyways, so, yeah, aside from Mom's plans, this little guy called Jaden hasn't been picking up any calls. So I decided to try another alternative - Facebook. And we all saw how that ended. Looks like someone's busy.

It's absolutely useless calling Mel or Dean up. Dean's at his grandparents' and Mel couldn't be more busy - her cousin's getting married, and she's a bridesmaid. Troye and Tiara are most definitely out with their beloved father.  I seem to be making plans with my laptop. I'm having a party with YouTube, and Facebook isn't invited. 

So I pulled my headphones out of my drawer and plugged them in. Then, a thought occured to me. Preston was pretty freaked up about his date, so I walked over and knocked on his door. Then said screw it and threw it open. 

"Ever heard of knocking?"

"Ever heard? I did knock."

"You're supposed to wait after that."

I sighed, "And to think I came here for you."

"Well, obviously you came here for me. Last I checked, there isn't anyone else residing in this particular room."

"Oh, shush. Got anything to wear for your big date?"

"Nope!"

"Why're you lying on the bed, then?"

"I'm tired of breaking my head trying to figure out what to wear. I'm a guy for gods' sakes! I don't need to do it!" 

"Oh, come on. I'll help you."

Preston made a big show of getting up, then heaved and said, "Fine."

I went over to his closet and picked out some dark blue jeans and a black T-shirt. Then, I picked out his black converse and left them on the floor next to his bed, where his outfit was now placed. "You're good to go, my friend."