⊳ 𝐢𝐢. Disappointing Realities

◤ chapter two: ❛ disappointing realities ❜ ◢

chapter two: ❛ disappointing
realities ❜ ◢

OF COURSE, TONI KNEW THAT HARRY OSBORN WAS HOT – SHE HAD SEEN THE MAGAZINES – BUT SEEING HIM IN PERSON WAS DIFFERENT. He looked better in person, the hair that must be soft, the nice eyes, the stature...the media did not portray his assets correctly. Based on his physicality, Toni would not be mad if he took an interest in her.

          But people weren't just looks. They were whole human beings and that meant they had personalities and, well, Toni knew about his. Really, what girl at her age didn't? Harry was the typical rich kid – typical son of a famous father – and Toni was not into that. Yeah, she knew she was the stereotypical rich girl with a drug and alcohol addiction with daddy issues, but not as badly as him. He was at least ten times worse and he yelled at paparazzi. All his bad mistakes were on display for the world, hers were hidden properly.

          So no, she was the exact opposite of interested in him. Yeah, he would be nice to look at but the moment something came out of his mouth, she was sure she should be turned off. Because that's what he's like and the media can't portray him that badly, can they?

          Thankfully, but also so unfortunately for her, Harry was in her Spanish class. Now, here's the thing, Toni knows that learning a different language can be useful and exciting, but sitting in her Spanish class fucking sucks. It's probably her least favorite subject – and she hates math was a burning passion.

          At least in math she does something every day instead of daydreaming for forty-five minutes in Spanish. But Midtown will only let her graduate with Honors with Distinction if she takes three years of Spanish so she's stuck. She will not be the only Alderson who went to Midtown to not get it, even though she knows she won't be the disgrace of the family like Finn.

          If anything else, she always looks like a fucking angel when compared to him. At least he's good for something then.

          But she's in Spanish and she's thinking about working at Wal-Mart instead, because anything would be better than listening to Miss Pratt talk about the joys of learning a different language – torture, really, if she was being honest. And Harry's in front of her and he looks good from the bad, so maybe it's not the worst class of the day if this is her view, but even a cute guy can't make her like listening to Miss Pratt drone on and on.

          "Turn around and introduce yourself to the person behind you – in Spanish, of course," Miss Pratt said and then, oh shit, Harry's turning around to talk to her.

          He smiles, and it's the playboy millionaire smile that she's seen a million times on TV. He wears it perfectly and Toni knows that he'll have girls dropping their panties faster than you can say hola in the future. But he doesn't look arrogant or stuck up, not like the other rich kids from her neighborhood. Huh.