⊳ 𝐱𝐯𝐢. Stupid Feelings

◤ chapter sixteen: ❛ stupid feelings ❜ ◢

chapter sixteen: ❛ stupid
feelings ❜ ◢

          TONI COULDN'T FOCUS. Like, at all. She already had a hard time focusing in Pre-Calc, because it's Pre-Calc and it fucking sucks and is boring and doesn't mean anything anyway, but now she really can't focus because there was so much going on in her life.

First, her best friend almost died and was now acting like it never happened and being too fucking cheerful and didn't let anyone mention the topic around her which was causing some problems.

Second, she was lying to her best friend because it seemed really selfish to talk about her wham-bam thank you ma'am feeling realization for Harry fucking Osborn (who was still the worst person to ever live in her opinion) when she almost just died.

Third, she had fucking feelings for Harry Osborn and that was too big of a deal to ignore even though she really wished she could, like !!!!

And fourth, her other best friend was keeping shit from her and saying that he couldn't tell her which was fine, totally fine (hint: it's not) and she wasn't upset about it because her best friend was obviously keeping something from her which was major.

So yeah, there was a good whole four reasons why she couldn't focus on anything at all. Her mind was spiraling and nothing was making sense (not that it ever did in this fucking class, she was really helpless) and she wanted to go home and stare up at her ceiling and scream into her pillow because that seemed like a great use of her time.

She needed an outlet for everything going on inside her head and usually that was Sabrina or Atlas, but there were problems there now. So many fucking problems that she couldn't even begin to explain because their lives were also spiraling (well, she assumed they were anyway) and it would be selfish to talk about her own silly little problems about a stupid crush when they were going through some real shit. Especially Sabrina. Honestly, she almost died so Toni didn't feel like she could say anything.

But she was fine. Peachy keen and everything because she was Toni Alderson and nothing mattered to her...except a lot of things really fucking mattered to her and she just didn't know how to express it. And it wasn't like she could be really mad at Atlas for not telling her something when she was also keeping secrets (i.e. the identity of Spider-Man), but she had good reason to lie!

...which meant that he also probably had good reason to lie.

God, feelings really sucked. Like, fuck them and everything they messed up inside of her.

Finally, after too long of a class period, the bell rang and Toni was free of the torture that was Pre-Calc with Mr. Carpenter. He was absolutely the worst teacher at the school and he was also teaching the worst class...so it totally fit his personality but it also made every single person roaming the halls of Midtown suffer for his inability to teach.