⊳ 𝐢𝐢𝐢. Red, Red, Red!

◤ chapter three: ❛ red, red, red! ❜ ◢

chapter three: ❛ red, red, red! ❜ ◢

TONI WAS BORED. She shouldn't be, she knows that, because this is fun – partying is fun – yet she couldn't get into it that day, looking around at all the dancing people, all the drunk people, and yet here she was; not drunk and not dancing. Not getting high and not losing herself in the moment like them. Not enjoying herself.

         And she hated it. Because she should be having fun, yet for some reason she was bored and unimpressed with the scene before her and nothing's interesting her any more but she wants to stay here and like it. She wants to be entertained here and not go home because that would be even more boring. It wasn't late enough and that would mean talking to her mom and dad – talking to Eden – and the last thing she wanted was to have a conversation with her. Them. Mostly her mom, though, because it wasn't like her dad was around much.

         It was her idea to go to the party, too. Atlas wanted to just hang out at Nix or his place because Colin was gone for some work trip this week, but she disagreed because she wanted to go attend a party. Now she's regretting it. At least at his place they could've watched a movie or something but now Atlas is doing shots and she's standing against a wall looking around the room with an uninterested expression. God, sometimes she hated her life.

         She took a sip of her drink but the alcohol didn't help any. She thinks she might be immune to its affects now because even though she's halfway through her first cup, which would get her buzzed and feeling so much lighter and less like herself, she still feels grounded. Tolerance sucks when it changes honestly.

         Toni huffed to herself, going over to Atlas who just finished another round of shots. She tapped his shoulder, gaining his attention, and yelled over the music, "I think I'm gonna head out!"

         "What?" he questioned, a frown finding its way onto his face, "Why? You want me to come with?"

         She shook her head. While she did want him because maybe they could resume their original plans, he was having a good time and she didn't want to pull him away from that. "Nah, I'm good. Just not feeling it tonight, I guess."

         There was a pause before Atlas nodded. "Are you sure you don't want me to come along? I don't mind."

         She knew that he was telling the truth, even if it wasn't the full truth. No, Atlas wouldn't really mind, but then again, he would. Just a little. And it's not like they would have a dream night together now that's he plastered and she's really not. It's better just to leave him there.

         "I'm sure," she smiled at him so that he knew it was the truth, "I'll probably just go get dinner or something and then head home."

         "Alright," Atlas finally agreed, "Be safe!"