⊳ 𝐱𝐱𝐯. What Matters Most (Pt. 2)

◤ chapter twenty-five: ❛ what matters most (pt

chapter twenty-five: ❛ what matters most (pt. 2) ❜ ◢

AS PREDICTED, THE DOWNFALL DID COME, BUT THE WORST PART WAS THAT IT WASN'T HER DOWNFALL SHE PREDICTED; IT WAS SABRINA'S. Well, if she was being more accurate, it was most Liz Allan's downfall, spiraling and spiraling as it became known that her father was a supervillain (well, maybe not super, but definitely a villain) as Spider-Man saved the day and captured him. That downfall was not one she could predict.

But she wasn't very good at predicting other's downfalls, it wasn't something she noticed, and she only took interest in her own because she had a very good life at the moment, thank you very much, and she didn't want it to be ruined again. Sadly, her preparations weren't necessary as they didn't exactly help Liz or Sabrina.

No, everything she planned for was only for Toni Alderson. It was entirely selfish, maybe, but in her defense she was only preparing for herself. She didn't know she had to prepare for anyone else, because it was her rise, her peak, so it should be her downfall.

But it wasn't; it was Liz'. Her whole family's and then Sabrina's because Liz was the girl of her dreams, and she was so enamored and now that wasn't going anywhere.

Liz' mother thought it would be best for them to move closer towards her side of the family while her dad awaited trial. Get out of New York, where everything was fresh and everyone knew their faces, get away from Midtown where everyone knew and associated her with a criminal, and go towards the comfort of her family. Toni understood it, but it just made everything suck even more for Liz. Or maybe it didn't, she didn't really know, maybe Sabrina did.

"I feel bad, and I don't even know what to say," Toni confessed, biting her lip as her eyes found Harry's. "I mean, I know I should say something and be there for her, but I don't know what."

He shrugged, pulling her closer, "Maybe you don't have to say anything, just be there for her."

She sighed, allowing herself to be engulfed in his arms, taking the little comfort. She felt like a terrible friend, unacquitted for what Sabrina needed because she had never gone through this before, and even worse because Peter had told her exactly why he was leaving Homecoming - he was going to take down the Vulture.

She knew it, and she ignored it, instead dancing with Harry because that's what she wanted - what she needed - and it was entirely selfish but he didn't fight it and neither did she. She was selfish, and now she was trying not to be selfish, but she didn't know what to do.