⊳ 𝐱𝐢𝐯. Toni Was Bored... (Pt. 2)

◤ chapter fourteen: ❛ toni was bored

chapter fourteen: ❛ toni was bored... (pt. 2) ❜ ◢

IF TONI HAD TO EXPLAIN HER ACTIONS FOR THE DAY IN ONE WORD IT WOULD COME DOWN TO THE FACT THAT SHE WAS BORED. Deeply and incredibly bored because not only was her best fucking friend on the entire planet in Washington D.C. being a fucking badass smart woman dominating another Decathlon team, her other best friend in the entire world was doing some brotherly bonding or whatever his excuse was.

And yeah, it sucked knowing that Atlas had clearly lied to her and was keeping something from her because never in her life had she heard Atlas Wilder say that he was having some bonding time with Colin, even though she knew those brothers were as thick as thieves, but she didn't want to dwell on that fact. She had lied to plenty of people before so she didn't want to pry when she was also keeping something from them (aka the identity of Spider-Man), so she let it be and tried to push it all down and bottle it the good ole Irish way.

She wasn't exactly a stranger to the bottling method of dealing with pesky feelings. Sometimes they spilled over when she bottled too much, like the resentment she felt towards her family, but most of the times it was manageable and she could just push it all away and forget that they ever existed in the first place. It was only when she had reminders of the reason she bottled it down in the first place that they sprang back up to bite her in the ass sometimes.

So no, she wasn't upset or hurt at all that Atlas was keeping a secret from her - she would never. Why would the untouchable princess of the Alderson family ever be hurt by anything? She was an impenetrable force, a stone cold bitch, and nothing could touch her. Ever.

No, she didn't have breakdowns. No, she didn't want to cry when her friends kept secrets. And no, she would never feel absolutely and incredibly guilty - like that type where it just overtakes you at every moment - that she was keeping a secret from her friends even though it was the identity of another person and she was being a decent human being by doing so.

Antoinette Alderson was utterly untouchable at this point. Nothing could get through her walls.

So it didn't hurt at all and she was absolutely bursting with joy because Sabrina had just called and said that they won the competition (which she knew they would, of course) and that they were going to the Washington Monument to celebrate. Super exciting stuff really.

And Toni was so happy for her because she knew that they would crush it, but she was also utterly alone since Atlas was fucking off to who knows where and lying and she had kicked Caden out of her life, which was her go-to distraction when she couldn't call up her friends. Not that she regretted that decision. Caden was an absolute prick and cheater and she was glad that she no longer associated with him, but it also meant that she was alone.