⊳ 𝐯. Miracles Can Happen

◤ chapter five: ❛ miracles can happen ❜ ◢

chapter five: ❛ miracles can
happen ❜ ◢

         WHILE SABRINA WAS ONE OF HER FAVORITE PEOPLE, HER LUNCH TABLE WAS NOT INCLUDED. With Sabrina, her lovely Sabrina, came Flash Thompson, Betty Brant, Liz Allan, Cindy Moon, and sometimes Briar Stark – when her friends decided to skip and left her at school or when Liz wanted to talk to her about something involving student council.

         Toni didn't mind Flash. He was snarky and snappy and while that short fuse annoyed so many others, Toni didn't find herself minding it. She just wasn't overly fond with his burning hatred towards Peter Parker which made so sense at all. When it first got out that Peter had an internship at SI, he immediately refused it and went straight to Briar to refute the statement and call Peter a liar.

         "How am I supposed to know?" was Briar's response, a look of disgust and annoyance gracing her features, "I barely even know how many people are employed there, how am I supposed to know their names?"

         She remembered laughing at that. Briar had a point and after that call out, she made it known that if anyone came to her asking about Peter's status as an employee (intern, really) of the company, she would murder them – while wearing heels and looking fabulous, like always. And Toni liked Briar. They had never really spoken, she had to admit that, but Briar wasn't immediately terrible and she didn't take shit from anyone which Toni could respect.

         But then there was Betty Brant and Cindy Moon. Toni often grouped them together because there wasn't much to say about them separately. Betty was too controlling and obsessed about being a journalist and Cindy was too controlling and possessive over her studies and Liz. God, she felt so bad for Liz, having a stalker like Cindy. It made her glad that she was so unlikeable no one barely even glanced in her direction.

         That left Liz, who was probably Toni's favorite after Sabrina and the one she knew the most about after her best friend. Liz was sweet – everyone knew that and loved her for it – and she cared so much about everyone, cared so much about this school. Toni could never imagine having so much school spirit. And Liz tutored her a little last year, so that helped her opinion.

         But Toni didn't sit with them every day. Most of the time, she sat with Atlas and his friends. She didn't really count them as her own, she was a floater and was only close with Atlas out of the group and really she couldn't understand how he could stand them sometimes. On days when she was so fed up with them, she switched to sit with Sabrina and the girl happily made a place for her.

         "So, Homecoming's coming up," Liz announced, as if everyone there wasn't already aware of that fact as she sat down, the elegant smile that always graced her features still present.