⊳ 𝐱𝐱. Alderson Expectations

◤ chapter twenty: ❛ alderson expectations ❜ ◢

chapter twenty: ❛ alderson expectations ❜ ◢

TONI WASN'T BORED. She was with Sabrina, the girl accepting her long-awaited apology and apologizing herself for overstepping her boundaries before. It was better than before, because apparently Julius forced her to go to therapy to deal with the trauma she faced after D.C. and it was really helping her. She wasn't forcing that out of her mind, she was moving passed it and healing from it, which let Toni sigh in relief.

          Sabrina was alright, and their friendship was alright, and everything was fine between them again, as it should always be. Harry was right about that; she did feel better after talking to Sabrina, as was Atlas. When she was at war with her friends, she felt like she was at war with herself, but when they were alright there was a peace inside her. Everything was looking up again, and so the rollercoaster was heading up again.

          And it wasn't like Sabrina with her. Harry was there, along with Liz and Cindy – Betty and Flash somewhere else. Honestly, she didn't know where they ran off too, and she didn't exactly care to find out either. It wasn't like it mattered to her, so she let it go. Cindy looked at Liz with hero worship prevalent in her eyes, shining and taking every word Liz said as law.

          It was, frankly, very annoying.

          And Liz was there, close with Harry but closer with Sabrina. Toni knew that she was close with her friend, they were salt and pepper, but this was borderline something else – something more than friends. Sabrina hadn't said anything to her, so while she noticed it, she kept it to herself.

          When Sabrina was ready to talk to her, she would, and Toni wouldn't force her to talk before then. That's what good friends did, and she didn't think she was a terrible one. Not the best, yeah, she had her faults but she wasn't a shitty friend. She tried her best and hopefully that was good enough to constitute her being a good friend in the eyes of Sabrina and Atlas.

          But Harry was there, too. And it was annoying and infuriating that his hair was messed up and his eyes looked tired but he still looked so effortlessly handsome. She hated it, and hated the way she was reacting to him being there in front of her, but she couldn't help that her stomach was doing flips inside her because he laughed and seemed so carefree.

          "Hey, Cindy, did Aaron ever ask you to Homecoming?" Liz asked, looking at her star struck friend.

          Cindy always looked like that when Liz talked to her, like she couldn't believe her idol was giving her the time of day. Toni rolled her eyes, though she stayed silent, but that wasn't enough as Sabrina noticed and elbowed her. Toni was sure to jab her back. It was only fair, after all.