⊳ 𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. Meet the Aldersons

◤ chapter thirteen: ❛ meet the aldersons ❜ ◢

chapter thirteen: ❛ meet the aldersons ❜ ◢

          TONI HATED LARGE FAMILY EVENTS. Well, correction, she didn't just hate large family events, she hated any family event because her family was complete trash. Like seriously. Her Aunt Lucy was a homewrecker who fucked a married man until she got knocked up, popping out Finn, and then made the married man get divorced so he could wife her up. And it's not the first time something like that had happened in her family.

Her grandfather, the one who got all the money that the Alderson family now had to begin with, got it from stealing an invention from someone else, and then got married to his first wife, who Toni didn't know, until her grandmother decided to put an end to that and get the rich guy for herself. So yeah, they're stellar examples on how to be a good and moral person, but that doesn't mean she hates them.

Her grandmother was the one who taught her how to ride a bike during the summer when she was six and staying with them because her dad had to spend a month in London for work and her mother decided to follow him but they didn't exactly want to bring their child, so to grandpa and grandma's she went. And Toni didn't mind, because that was back when she went by Anna and she was best friends with Finn, and because she was spending a month with their grandparents he wanted that too.

That was when they were thick as thieves, and spending every day together sounded like heaven. Now, it just sounded like hell. Well, not exactly hell, a little less worse, because Finn was always pretty cool and now that she was a highlight of his working career whenever she graced him with her presence at Apple's Eye Diner, she got to see him as a little better than a devil who was out to ruin her life.

But even though she didn't hate any of her family members, except for maybe her mother, she certainly wasn't the biggest fan of any of them like she was as a child. It was that young naïve nature she used to have that allowed her to overlook all their bad qualities, all of the unmoral things they did for wealth or for what they wanted, but as she got older, as that ignorance faded away, all she was left with was the truth.

The truth was that her granddad was a scum who cheated someone else out of wealth, and her grandma practically offed another woman so that she wouldn't have to work another day in her life, and her aunt fucked a married man and that's why she had her cousin and why she was married now. And the truth was that no father was truly nurturing to any of their kids, leaving that to their wives, and then her mother didn't really care that much either even though being a stay-at-home mom was her job, which left little Toni Alderson (almost grown Toni Alderson now) all alone.

The truth was that her family really didn't care about anyone but themselves, always more keen on how their appeared and how they thought of themselves before anything else. If they didn't have a benefit, it didn't matter to them. So, little things like children or having a good moral compass just went out the window. And still they acted shocked when they found out that Finn was a drug dealer and she was an addict. Yeah, as if they didn't create these little problems.