⊳ 𝐢𝐯. Never Too Early

◤ chapter four: ❛ never too early ❜ ◢

chapter four: ❛ never too early ❜ ◢

BELIEVE IT OR NOT, TONI DOESN'T LIVE A BORING LIFE. She's dramatic, yes, and that means that a lot of the time she's not even that bored when she complains about being in that state of emotions. However, being the daughter of the man who worked as the Head of PR at Stark Industries, her life is anything but boring when it comes to the galas that SI holds.

She knows that most teenagers would probably complain at the thought of being forced to a gala with rich men and woman and virtually no other kids her age, but Toni sees it as an opportunity. She might live on daddy's money right now, but that's not a forever thing. Everyone in her family has to grow up and make their own money instead of living off the family funds – her cousin Jeremy tried that a couple years back and got knocked in the head with the real world.

But galas were her chance to get to know all the rich businessmen and woman and worm her way to the top. Toni's ambitious and knows that she's better than some boring lowlife job; she's Antionette fucking Alderson and she deserves the very best positions so she'll get them and everyone knows the best way to the top if through your connections. So, even though she's still in high school and totally not going to get a top corporate job anytime soon, it's never too early to start making her way to the top.

Toni applied the top layer of her gloss, rubbing her lips together and looking in the mirror, fixing her hair so that she looked utterly perfect. Any visual imperfections could be her downfall and Toni worked too hard at every gala to lose it all because one stand of hair was out of place or her makeup got a bit smudged.

"Toni!" Eden called from downstairs, causing her daughter to huff and roll her eyes to herself in her room.

"Coming!" Toni yelled back, taking a deep breath and muttering, "You're gonna fucking get it," to herself in the mirror before leaving and joining her parents downstairs.

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the event and as they stepped out of their car, Toni strut with complete confidence into the building. People might not know her name, but they will, and even if they give her odd looks now for acting as if she's as big as Tony Stark himself, they won't question her one day.

"Remember your manners," Eden whispered in her ear, "Don't embarrass us."

Toni wanted to roll her eyes exaggeratedly and scoff, but that would be the embarrassment her mother just told her not to bring to the family. And even though she doesn't really care about the reputations of her parents, she does care about her own. She's perfectly crafted it here so that she seems like an ambitious angel who would be a great asset to any company and she's not about to damage that but reacting negatively to her mother and being a bratty teenager.