Chapter 24 - Reunion With an Old Friend

You and Seitarou are walking down the hallway, both of you are silent, not saying anything. You wanted to break this awkwardness so you just asked, "Hey, why would Mo- *cough* the warden wanted to see me?" You stared at his back as he guided you to the warden's room.

He looks behind and meets your eyes, "I don't know, she just ordered me to call you," He then looks in front, "She said she wanted to speak with you." He finished.

"Oh, I see," You crossed your arms and hold your chin thinking, 'Maybe she missed me and wanted to see???'

The awkwardness started again until you guys reached the warden's room. Seitarou opened the door and entered as you followed behind him. You entered, you saw the warden facing the back until she noticed your presence. She then faced you.

"Warden, I called (y/n) just as you ordered me to." He said in his calm voice.

"Thank you, you may wait outside, I wanted to speak with her alone." She said as she crossed her legs.

"Yes ma'am" The officer bowed then leaves. You and the warden are now alone inside the room.

"O-Oh, hi Momo- I mean warden!" You waved as a sweat comes down through your face.

"Long time no see (y/n), how's life?" She asked as she stared at you with her red eyes.

You gulped, 'What does she want?' "Pretty good, I haven't seen you in ages, you've grown into such a strong person. Really, I'm surprised that you're the warden of this famous prison." You chirp, happy to see your old friend.

Momoko nodded, "Yeah, so....." She stands up and started walking through your way, "So how come did my old friend trespassed a private place and got accuse as a suspicious person, huh???!!!" Her voice was serious and irritated at the same time. You looked away as you try to come up with an excuse.

"U-Uhmm, I-I was just in a deep thought t-that I didn't notice that I-I was in a wrong place..." You stuttered while looking away.

"HUH!?"

"I'M TELLING THE TRUTH!!" You cried out, convincing your friend to believe you.

She sighed, in fact, she is happy to see her old friend but seeing her friend ended up in the prison made her upset. The friend that she admired since she was in high school was in prison?

She started to admire you because you are kind, you helped her when she was picked on by her classmates, you comforted her when you see her crying alone at the park. You are strong, even though you have a small body, you still protected her. You stayed by her side when no one was there for her to lean on. She hated being picked on, and she hated being weak. She wanted to become a strong girl like you, so she transferred school to become stronger as you.

Remembering the kindness that she received from you back then made her smile. She turned back and fixed her voice, "Anyway, I'm glad to see you're okay," Her voice was calm as she closed her eyes.

"Yeah, me too. I'm also happy to see you," You smiled, "So what do you want from me? You didn't call me just to chitchat, right?"

She turned her head to face you, "Hmm, Actually..." She returned to her seat, "You are to be released tomorrow."

"HUH?" You're in a shock right now, "Why?"

"It seems that you are doing great here inside the prison, due to the other officer's observation, you are the only person who behaved well and the person who filed you a complaint does not have enough strong evidence that you intentionally trespassed to their private place. You said that you were in a deep thought and didn't know that you entered that place right?" She asked.