Chapter 27 - Learning His Past

"Kill him?!" Jyugo gasp, 'Why take it that far?'

"Why you had those shackles placed on you and saw yourself assume that from, what did you think?" Musashi continued talking.

"Didn't you think you were a monster?"

"That's why you hate him.. and want to find him. I too thought I was a monster." His voice went serious with a little bit of sadness. "Do you know how much I suffered because of this human body combustion I was born with?" 

"How do you feel about having a life where you're constantly called abnormal?" He told him as he remembers his past self, "I was constantly suffering and distressed and the man with the three scars showed up. And then he used my human body combustion and turned me to a freak to a real monster." 

"Used you? There's no way....?" Jyugo said.

"You think he's not capable of that? But those shackles of yours can't be explained by modern science, can they? In other words, his technology is far more superior. Modifying a body is nothing to him." Musashi told Jyugo about his past, a past that he cannot forget, a dark past that he wanted to change. 

(A/N: I am kinda lazy to write his back story in here. So if you want to know, watch the anime but I forgot the episode where they showed Musashi's past. If you want to read it on the manga, go to chapter 30-33)

"So that's what happened. This is the first time I've talked so much." He grinned, "I'm telling this because it's you Jyugo."

"Wait so are saying that I have the same shackles as that guy?" He questioned. 

"That's right, no doubt they were the same as yours. No, maybe more advanced." Musashi replied. 

"You are telling me there are two sets of these things?! Damn him!" 

"Now you get it why I want those shackles right?"

"Yeah, I get it. And what you know about that man." Jyugo said, "You know his power."

"Bingo" Musashi exclaimed, "He cut through my flame and that weapon you carry is special. But what do you think will happen if I have the same thing he has? If I have both my power and his weapon, I might finally be able to kill him right?"

Jyugo thinks that even though he had his blaze and Jyugo's shackles, he still can't beat him, "You really think you can kill him with that?"

"But there is a possibility I'm willing to put my life on the line for even the slightest possibility," Musashi replied.

"If I can kill them, I'll happily walk to gallows myself."    "-or so I thought. But it's kinda impossible at the moment."

"Huh?"

"I was so Gung-ho about taking those shackles but I can't light up anymore." 

"HUH?!"

"The doctors and the scientists here messed with my body. It seems they put some weird chip inside my body. When it detects the heat given off before ignition, it automatically suppresses my power. I actually tried but I can't trigger the flame at all." He explained.

"Seriously, they can do something like that?"

"It's the new technology that they successfully developed recently, amazing right?" 

"O-Oh..."

"But, that's not the only one preventing me from getting that shackles of yours. I don't know if I should reveal it to you or not say anything. I'm just wondering why she hasn't told you anything."  Musashi said.

"She?"

"Oh, so she didn't tell you anything? Interesting." He wondered.

"Can you please explain it to me who is 'She'?" The dark-haired inmate ask.

"The 'she' that I am talking about is the inmate that's living inside your cell room, '(YOUR NAME)' " Musashi replied as a smirk formed on his face.

"Wait, what do you mean? She's got nothing to do with this, I just met her months ago."

Inmate number 634 laughs as the laughter died down, "Seriously, you don't know anything?"

"JUST GET TO THE POINT!" 

"Ok, ok calm down. (Your name) is the same to us, she was also a victim of that guy, her whole life is full of despair, always alone and who knows where fate would take her. She used to be an innocent and happy person. Until one of her loved ones passed away, since then life has been torturing her, her world was now filled with darkness. Poor girl."

'(your name)?' Hajime thought, silently observing them.

"Her life became more messed up when that guy showed up, tricking her by saying he can fix her and giving her a second chance. They only treat us as an experiment, they never cared about what happens to us." Jyugo silently listened.

"She was so scary when I first met her, staring at me with those dead looking eyes."

"But when she met you, her world bright up just like that."

"I met her...before?" Jyugo asked.

Musashi sighed, "Her eyes are becoming more alive, full of hope as the days goes by you having a conversation with her. And so that day, she swore to her self that she will protect you from that guy."

"Sweet, like a knight with shining armor." He sighs again, "Even though we have the same objective, she won't let me touch you."

Jyugo tried remembering the past but he still couldn't, "If I met her before, how come I don't remember?" Suddenly, a woman smiling at him crossed his mind.

"It's because of the amnesia, you got into an accident because of the two of you trying to escape that filthy place. (Your name) didn't cause a lot of damage except you. The truck hit your head first, luckily you survived but you forgot some parts of your memories. So that explains why you can't remember." He ended.

"But why would she hide this info from me?" Jyugo asked. "I still don't get it." 

"Dunno, why don't you ask her." He replied.

"AND WHY THE HELL DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?!" 

"SECRET!! HAHAHAHAHA" Musashi cleared his throat, "Anyway, I won't give up on killing them, but it's virtually impossible for me to take those shackles at the moment. I'm just a normal inmate now." 

"If you know it's impossible, why are you telling me all of this?" Jyugo ask.

"Who knows, I just feel like it, I guess. I just wanted to see how this information would make you feel. See ya." And the walkie talkie turned off as Jyugo only stared on it.

"Jeez, I don't get it. What was the point? Going on and on about things he can't even do, such an idiot...and telling me the past that I can't even remember." He complained. 

"Unbelievable," Hajime suddenly said making Jyugo's eyes wide. 

"Huh?"

"You truly are Empty."

______________________________________

I'm cringing for a bit, anyway let me know if I have wrong grammars on this chapter so I can fix it for you.