~ Back to School ~

Previously

Finally, I heard Dumbledore's voice "Hello. Who might you be?"

Now

Hermione's POV

I opened my eyes and was met by a slightly younger version of Dumbledore. "My name is Hermione Granger and I am from 1998. You sent me here and told me to give you this." I pulled the letter addressed to Dumbledore out of my bag and handed it to him. He cautiously takes the letter from my hand and opens it. He sat down and started to read it. After he finished reading he placed the letter on his desk started to speak.

"well Miss Granger I believe you have some memories that you have to watch"

he gets up and shows me over to his Pensive. I placed Crookshanks down and poured the bottle that held Dumbledore's memories into the basin and lowered my face into the liquid. (I will not be including the memories. Dumbledore's memories are just about the Horcruxes and where to find them. Snape's memories are the ones seen in the Halfblood Prince and all of the people who were following the Voldemort)

Half an hour later

I finally pull out of the second round of memories. Wow. That was a lot to take in. One thing is for sure now though. I will become friends with Severus Snape.

"well Miss Granger I think it's time for you to take that potion now. Then I will be dropping you off at Platform 9 3/4 so you can ride the train here with all the other first years and you will have to be sorted again even though you were in Gryffindor in your time."

"ok Headmaster"

I gently uncapped the bottle and quickly drank the potion. Let me tell you, the feeling of the change was bizarre it felt very similar to when Harry, Ron and I took polyjuice potion. Once the change was over I was so much shorter than before. I looked at my reflection in the glass of one of Dumbledore's cabinets and saw myself as I looked when I was 12.

"are you ready Miss. Granger?"

"yes just let me get my school trunk out."

I pulled my trunk out of my beaded bag and enlarged it to its normal size. I then scooped Crookshanks into my arms again and I was ready. "ok sir I'm ready to go."

he walked over and held out his arm for me to hold on I grabbed his arm and we disapparated to Platform 9 3/4. We popped into a hidden corner and he said he would see me at the feast. He then disapparated back to the school and I walked towards the Hogwarts express. Handing my trunk over so I could be put with everyone else's I boarded the train with Crooks in my arms and went to hunt down down a compartment. I finally found one that was empty. I went inside and closed the door behind me. Sitting in the compartment petting Crooks I just thought about everything that had happened. Hunting Horcruxes, the Battle of Hogwarts, losing so many people and then on top of that going back in time to stop it all from happening.

I can never have a normal year at Hogwarts, can I? Just then the door to my compartment opened to reveal a girl with long red hair and green eyes and a boy with shoulder length black hair and incredibly dark eyes. It is then that I realize I'm looking at 11-year-old versions of Severus Snape and Lily Evans. Lily starts to speak

"hello can we sit with you?"

"of course you can. My name is Hermione Granger."

"My name is Lily Evans and this is Severus Snape. Are you a first year too?"

"yes, I am. What classes are you two looking forward too?"

Lily replies "I'm looking forward to charms"

Severus also replies "Defence against the dark arts and potions"

I nod. I look thoughtful for a moment and I say "im really excited for Transfiguration and potions." with that we all start reading. After a while of reading our compartment opens rather quickly revealing the Marauders. When they start to pick on Severus I stand up and walk in front of them.

"I would appreciate it if you stopped picking on my friend."

"and what will you do if we don't?" Sirius asks.

"I will gladly hex you into next month." they look stunned at my response. I slam the door in their faces and ward it so they can't get in. Lily looks at me smiling and Severus looks absolutely shocked that I stood up for him. I smile "what? I can't have my new friends being bothered by bullies." both Lily and Severus smiled at me albeit Severus' was almost unnoticeable. The rest of our trip passed peacefully as we read. It was about 20 more minutes until we would be at the school so Severus went to stand outside the compartment so Lily and I could change into our plain black uniforms.

I pulled my uniform out as I had reverted it back to plain black. I was about to open the door to tell Severus that we were done when I heard the Marauders bullying Severus. I swung the door open furious the Marauders looked over and paused a little bit but continued their bullying. Sirius spoke up "hey, snivellus is she your girlfriend?" then James pitched in "No, she wouldn't be your girlfriend. Your greasy and gross."

I stormed up to James. "I warned you about bullying my friends" after saying that I punched James right in the nose. And kneed Sirius in the stomach. They both fell to the ground in pain the others of their group looking at me shocked. "no one messes with my friends and you will do well to remember that. "I grab Severus' hand and pull him into our compartment. I sit on one of the booths "so what houses do you guys want to be in?" at that, I could hear a silent chuckle from Severus as Lily answered.