~ Pain and A New Wand ~

Previously

as we were walking to our seats I heard someone shout.

"Sectumsempra!"

The next thing I know I get pushed to the ground and hear a sharp snap.

Now

Warning a little bit of gore in this chapter

Right after I hit the ground I hear multiple screams. I look around to see what just happened and I see Sirius standing with his wand pointed at where we were standing with a look of shock and horror on his face. I whip around to see Sev laying on the ground. Deep gashes covering his body, bone showing in some of them and his own blood pooling around him at an alarming rate. I pale and rush over to him grabbing for my wand only to pull out the snapped remains of it. I quickly pull his wand out of his sleeve and sit on the floor with him not caring if I got blood on me and lay his head on my lap.

"it'll be alright Sev," I said to him my voice breaking a little bit. He lets out a strangled cry of pain causing my heart to break and my eyes to well with tears.

I then started the counter curse.

"Vulnera Sanentur, Vulnera Sanentur, Vulnera Sanentur"

Right as the last gash was healed I I accioed some Essence of Dittany. It was then that I noticed the great hall was dead silent. I look up to see Professor Dumbledore had cast a body bind on Sirius. The Dittany shot into my hand and I started putting it on the fresh scars causing them to fade a little bit. I held Sev's hand and placed my forehead against his trying to calm down from the shock that was starting to kick in.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder I notice all of the blood is gone off the floor and me. I look up to see Professor McGonagall.

"come on Miss. Granger let's get Mr. Snape to the hospital wing and then we can go to Olivanders to get you a new wand"

She cast a spell causing Sev to be lifted into the air by what could only be described as an invisible stretcher. She then helps me up and we make our way to the hospital wing.

Short Time Skip

After Sev was all set in the hospital wing and I was sure he was alright McGonagall and I was about to leave when Dumbledore stopped us. They decided he would take me to get a new wand and she would stay to calm everyone down. Sirius would be dealt with when we got back. Dumbledore offered his arm and I took it and right as I did we apparated to Diagon Alley. We walked into Olivanders and were greeted by Mr. Olivander who wasted no time taking measurements that make no sense.

He walked away and returned with five boxes. This went on for a long time. I tried every single wand he held out to me and none of them were for me. After 30 wands I was beginning to lose hope. Mr. Olivander looked deep in thought, he looked at me and then rushed off returning with a beautiful wooden wand box. Opening the box and he pulled the wand out and held it out to me. I take hold of the handle and I feel a rush of magic go through my body. Wow.

"11 inches, Cedar and White River Monster Spine. Indeed a one of a kind wand. This particular wand has been in this store since the 1920s. It was received from a maker in the U.S. its core actually isn't used in wand making any more." said Mr. Olivander

I never had a connection like this with my old wand. Holding this wand in my hand I feel like it is a part of myself. It's beautiful. I was so preoccupied with admiring my new wand that I didn't notice Dumbledore pay for the wand and lead me out of the store. We made our way back to the castle and I just wanted to go see Sev but Dumbledore said he wanted me to go with him to his office so all of the stuff with Sirius could be dealt with. So I went with him. Once we got into the office there was Professor McGonagall, Sirius and what appears to be Sirius's Parents. I introduced myself to Sirius's parents and Dumbledore explained the situation. His parents were very upset that their son attacked a couple of Slytherin students Because their loyalty is with Slytherin House.

It was decided that Sirius would serve detention with Filch for the rest of the year and his Hogsmeade privileges were revoked. After everything was dealt with I left Dumbledore's office and start to make my way to the infirmary to see Sev.

Short Time Skip

By the time I got to the infirmary, it was ten at night. I carefully open the infirmary door and quietly walk over to him. I sit in the armchair next to his bed, grab his hand and rest my head against his arm. Soon I fall asleep happy knowing that he was going to be alright.