Chapter 8: What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

The next morning, I wake up surprisingly early at 8:34 to the sound of my stupid cell phone ringing. I reach around with my eyes still closed-looking for my singing cell phone. I seriously should have put it on vibrate. My fingers wrap around it, and I pull it to my ear; hitting the answer button.

          “Hello?” I ask my voice groggy.

          “Hey.”

          “Matt?” I ask, shocked. I’m pretty sure I didn’t give Matt my number.

          “Yup it’s me.” He replies. After a few seconds he clears his throat and says, “So what are you doing?”

          “Well I was asleep; but now I’m just talking to you.” I tell him.

          “Oh I woke you up? Sorry.”

I sit up in my bed, rubbing my eyes, “No it’s fine. What’s up?”

          “I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today. Maybe see a movie or something.”

          “Oh.” I say. Well I didn’t expect him to ask me that.

          “We don’t have to if you don’t wanna, just offering.”

          “Umm sure, but how did you get my number?”

          “Your ‘friend’ gave it to me.” He says, and I can practically hear the sarcasm in his tone.

          “Ryder’s not my friend.” I tell him. It’s true; Ryder isn’t my friend. He’s….well I don’t know what he is, but he isn’t my friend. He said it himself…he doesn’t need friends. And how dare he just give some random boy my cell phone number.

          “Well whatever he is.” Matt corrects, “So what do ya say?”

I think about it for a second. I don’t see any problem with it so I clear my throat, trying to get the hoarseness out of my voice. “Sure. Well I have to ask first, but I’m sure they’ll say yeah.”

          “Okay. So just call me after you ask or something.”

          “Okay. I’ll talk to you later.” I say, hanging up the phone.

Stupid Matt. I mean, he’s cute and everything, but he woke me up, and now I know I won’t be able to go back to sleep. I groan, and get out of my bed. I make my bed and put my phone down on my dresser. Then I stand up getting ready to go downstairs; I’m starving.  I grab my toothbrush first and head out of my room going towards the bathroom. I brush my teeth in the sink, and then wash my face. After that, I leave the bathroom, going downstairs. I push open the door to the kitchen, and walk in. I see Ryder, Sarah and Uncle Ricky l sitting down at the table. Well this can’t be good.

          “Umm, good morning.” I say, going behind the counter, and pull out a bowl, and a box of cereal.

          “Hi Mickey.” Uncle Ricky greets me.

I grab my spoon, and take my cereal, sitting down at the table. I could eat in my room-well I guess I could. I don’t think Sarah would mind. But any who; I don’t wanna eat in my room. I never particularly liked eating in my room. 

          “So you two got home pretty late last night, huh?” Sarah asks.

          “Not that late.” I tell them.