Chapter 17: Only If They Catch Us

Author's Note: So, four days to uplod. Sorryyyy. But anyways, I hope you guys all like this chapter! 

          “Oh my God, that was so fun!” I say enthusiastically as I run out of the water holding my board.

          “I told you you wouldn’t die.” Ryder replies from behind me.

          “I can’t go through the big ones, though.” I pout as Ryder leads me over to the shack.

Ryder chuckles under his breath, “But you just started. You have to crawl before you can walk.”

          “This is true.” I agree. I pull my phone out of the bag and check the time; “It’s already 4:00.”

          “Well if someone wouldn’t have wanted to stay in the water so long, it would be earlier.”

          “But that was so fun!” I defend, “Like it was just exhilarating.” I look down at my surfboard, “So do we get to keep these?”

Ryder nods, “Yup, we do.”

          “I wish I could frame it.”

          “You’re something else McKenna Bryant, you know that?”

          “So I’ve been told.” I retort. “Alrighty, I’m gonna go put my clothes back on.” I say, taking my clothes I wore here out of the bag.

          “Yeah, me too.” He says, collecting his.

Ryder and I go our separate ways, him to the boys’ bathroom and me to the girls. I quickly tear the wetsuit off of my body, and pull on my clothes, which are surprisingly warm. I put on my shoes, and walk out of the bathroom stall. Pulling the elastic out of my hair, I run my fingers through my wet hair. I take the wetsuit and put it in my arms, and then walk out of the bathroom.

I go back out to the shack, and give the man my wetsuit. I feel Ryder walk up behind me and wrap his arms around me. I tilt my head back and Ryder kisses me on the lips. “You’re totally gonna have to bring me back. This is like gonna be a regular thing.” I warn him.

          “If that’s what you want, then sure.” Ryder says, smiling lightly. “So are you ready to go?”

          “No,” I admit. “But since we can’t stay here all night, then I guess so.”

And with that, Ryder and I set off towards his car, dragging our surfboards behind us. Ryder pops his trunk and we put them in there. I throw my bag in there, and grab my phone and Ryder’s out, then he closes it. I walk over to the passenger side, and pull the door open. I get in, and pull my seatbelt over me. I look down at my fingers and wrinkle my nose.

          “My fingers are all pruny.” I tell him.

          “Remember when I suggested that we get out after like forty five minutes? You said no. It’s your entire fault.”

I roll my eyes, and rub my hands together. “You’re so dramatic.”

          “I know right, could have been an actor.” Ryder replies jokingly.

          “Yeah, totally.” I agree as Ryder pulls out of the lot. “You know what I think?”

          “What do you think?”