Chapter 32: I Love You More Than Anything ♥

Author's Note: Oh my God, guys. I love this chapter. I seriously love it. It's like my fave. I think you'll all like it too. It's long because at first I didn't know what I should write, but then I got started and boom, just couldn't stop. This is the second to last chapter. :'(': See, I'm feeling conflicted. Which is why I have the sad/happy face. I don't know exactly how I feel about it being the second to last. But anyways, I hope you all love it. Ohhh, puh-lease check out that song. ---------->

It's perfect for the chapter. Towards the end of the chapter, actually. Oh and so I've done three things since the 10th when I last updated. Here they are: 1: I got Take Me Home. I love it. It's Heaven on Earth, for real. 2: I saw BREAKING DAWN PT. 2. Anyone else seen it? God, it was so amazing.

As we arrive at the hospital, a smile spread across my face. I don’t know exactly why I’m excited to be here at this hospital visiting children with orthopedic problems. Especially after the two weeks I spent at St. Paul’s when Ryder was in the accident. But I think that subconsciously I just want to feel more connected to Ryder, and I think that he bringing me to this place that he for some reason loves so much makes me have that feeling of connection. If that makes any sense at all.

          “You seem eager,” He notes, turning the car off.

I open my door getting out and say, “I am!”

          “Why?” Ryder chuckles, closing his door and putting his hands down in the pockets of his jeans.

After we left the courthouse, we went to Taco Bell - apparently Ryder really does love that place - and got a box of tacos. You know the purple box that has like a dozen tacos in it. Ryder’s so greedy though, he ate like ten of them and I ate two. Then we went back to the house and changed out of our sophisticated court clothes. It’s actually really hot today. I mean, yeah I know it’s California in the end of July, but today it’s way hotter than usual. I think the current temp is like 103.

I shrug, looking over at my boyfriend, “I don’t know.”

          “Just don’t go in their turning flips. You’ll scare them.”

          “And you said I’d make a great mom,” I say teasingly, recalling when he was sick and I forced the medicine into his mouth. It was his own fault for being uncooperative.

Ryder chuckles, and as we reach the front doors, he hits the button that automatically opens the door for the handicap people like in wheelchairs and stuff. We walk in and he gestures with his head towards the left, indicating that’s the way we go. We walk down the hallway; they’re eerily quiet. Except for a few children who are being pushed down the hall in wheelchairs by their parents or practicing walking with their arm crutches.

I follow Ryder, having no idea where anything in this hospital is obviously since I’ve never been here. We walk down the corridor for about fifteen or twenty minutes wordlessly as I look at Ryder out of my peripheral. I’ve taken notice that his hospital is really like…creative. On either wall in this everlasting hallway, there’s a mural. On the mural which I’m standing closest to there’s like a sunset or something and on the one by Ryder there’s an ocean and a bunch of underwater inhabited animals. You know, fish, sharks, all that good stuff. 

“Are we almost there?” I wonder.

Ryder nods, “We’re here actually,” He tells me, pointing towards a door.