1. On The Run

Amanda's POV

You were my everything. I trusted you with my heart but in the end you stomped on it. You killed me. That's the reason today I'm on the run.

I'm running from the coven you are in. I'm running from men you now control with your new power as their leader. I'm running from you.

~~~

"What are you even saying?" I hiss at Christen. I don't understand why she doesn't just give up.

"I'm saying that I need you. I'm your best friend and you've grown so distant. I've called you every single day and you never give me a straight answer," she says in a pleading voice.

"Every time you call and say you want to see me and you want me to come home and that's not going to happen. It's for your own safety," I respond. This girl is really getting on my nerves.

"It's because you belong here with me. Screw Dylan for what he did to you and just because people are out to kill you doesn't mean anything. You're a very sneaky person and have told me before they never even get close to you," she says still pleading with me.

"You still don't get it do you?" I question her. She goes quiet so I continue, "I'm a vampire now and will kill you. Before I am ever near you, I have to be able to control myself. Until then, I want you to stay away from me."

I hang up the phone before she says anything else to me. I miss her and would love to see her again but right now it's not safe for her.

"Was that the bitch again? She really doesn't know how to let people go," I hear a women say behind me.

"I told you not to call her that," I say while twisting my body towards her. I could tell she was scared but she knows her place as food.

In a flash I'm in front of her with my hands incasing her throat. I could feel her pulse against my thumb and it's driving me wild.

"Please Amanda, think about this," she chokes out.

"I've kept you around long enough and honestly you're annoying," I hiss. Before I could realize what was happening, my fangs are deep in her throat and her hands are trying to push me away.

I begin feeding and before I know it,  her body goes limp and her hands fall from my shoulders. I drop her lifeless body to the floor and lick the blood off of my lips.

Another body and no remorse. I feel nothing besides anger.

I walk around her body and find my dresser. I've been staying in this damn motel for to long.

I grab all my clothes and stuff them in a bag. I grab the only piece of jewelry I have and throw it on top of my bag as well.

If I ever see you again, Dylan, I will kill you.

My fingers caress the red gem as my mind goes back to the old days and what he did to me.

Once all my stuff is packed I grab my bag and the body and make my way to my car. Its a red 1968 Dart GTS 440. I stole it after my change and ever since then it's been mine.

~~~

A few hours pass of me switching through the radio stations and keeping an eye out for any suspicious activity when soft moans catch my attention.