2. Blood

Image: Elijah Lewis

Amanda's POV:

I couldn't take the sight of blood coming from the drunk guys mouth. All I wanted to do was get on the floor and lick it up even though it was disgusting.

"I have to get out of here," I whisper to myself before making my way out of the club. My senses were clouded and all I could feel was hungry.

I could feel my eyes changing and my mouth aching. I couldn't control myself in there. The blood was making me go insane and I couldn't help it. Why does this have to happen right now?

I walk around the corner of the club and find a dark ally to compose myself. I take deep breaths through my nose and almost throw up because of the horrible smell of garbage and vomit.

I hear a door close and feel a presence hovering over me. My luck of getting away from people is wearing thin and my hunger is still making everything ache.

I cover my mouth and pull myself off the ground so I can get away but of course the person grabs onto my arm.

"Are you ok?" The man asks and rubs my arms reassuringly.

"Why couldn't you just leave me alone?" I groan while trying to take a step away from him but his hand on my arm keeps me in place.

"Lets get you inside. I'll make you a water," he explains while trying to pull me to the door.

"Listen, I don't know who you are but you have to get out of here," I explain while keeping my eyes on the ground. I knew they completely changed from gold to red because of the bloodlust.

"After we get you inside," he says while pulling me again towards the door. Everything starts to ache as I can hear his blood pumping through his veins, making my hunger even more apparent. Before I could stop myself I snap. Without even realizing it, I push him to the back of the building and have my fangs deep in his neck with my hands holding his mouth so he cant scream. I can't control myself at this point. I didn't like that I was like this but all I could do is kill.

His blood soaks my tongue and starts trailing down my throat. His blood is way to sweet for my liking but I can't stop myself. I want more. I need more.

His body starts to become limp in my arms as I continue to drain him while taking my time slurping up the extra sweet flavor.

A hum comes from behind me but I ignore it. Maybe I'll have some desert with my meal. Someone clears their throat from behind me but I still ignore it. Finally I'm forcefully pulled away and slung to the ground.

"What the fuck!" I yell at the light skinned man that was now holding my meal in his arms.

"You drank so much the guy is almost unconscious. Learn to control yourself!" He barks in a husky voice.

I ignore him and decide now is the time to leave. I pick myself up off the ground and make my way to the front of the building. Before I could even walk a block away, the man was in front of me again.

"You have blood on your lips," he states while crossing his arms over his chest.

I wipe my lips and walk around the stranger. I hear his footsteps following me so I quicken my pace but he stays right on my trail. So I run. I run as fast as I can. I run with all the speed I can until I'm at my hotel door.

"So annoying," I whisper to myself as I grab my key card out of my pocket and insert it into the door.

"I help you out and now I'm annoying?" The same voice asks me.