11. We meet again

Dylan's POV:

"Where is Diego?" I ask a short guy as he is passing my room. He points over towards the kitchen where all the chatter is going on. Making my way over there, I find him coercing with a female vampire, letting his hands roam over her waist. "We need to talk," I interrupt, earning a side glance from Diego. He turns away, giving her a signal to leave and she does just that.

"In need of assistance?" He questions in a mocking way. I ignore him and look around to make sure no one is watching.

"I need your help in finding Amanda. I believe she's in the rogue facility right off eighty-two," I state, earning a chuckle from Diego. He stuffs his hands in his pockets and exhales deeply before meeting my eyes once again.

"Let's do this," is all he says before leaving me in the kitchen alone.

***

I rummage through my clothing to find something to change into but a quiet voice interrupts me. "I want to come," Riki says before grabbing onto my arm. I shrug her off and continue my hunt when all of a sudden I'm turned around.

"Stop being so disrespectful!" Delilah says while pushing me against the wall. I push her back, earning a scoff. "We are here to help so why don't you say something?" She questions and that's when I explode.

"Because I don't know what's going to happen there! For all I know, this is a setup and well both get killed or she won't even be there and I'll have to continue searching for Amanda," I say as my emotions get the better of me. "I can't loose anyone else so if shit goes sideways, I won't have to worry about both of you guys because you'll be safe."

"What if she tries to run?" Delilah asks as if I didn't think of that. "You need someone to catch her."

"That's why Diego is coming. Our plan is that I'll go in and take care of Elijah and he'll knock out Amanda. Thank you but you are staying here," I say and point my finger at Delilah and drag it to Riki, "You too."

Amanda's POV:

I wake up to a sharp pain in my right eye and grab it to try and ease the throbbing. I move off the bed and turn on the light before pulling my hand away from my eye. I glimpse at my hand and notice blood smeared on it. I look at Christens body that hasn't moved yet, letting me know she hasn't fully changed.

"Elijah?" I yell as my whole world turns blurry and I sway a little. He walks through the door and turns on the light to immediately race over to me. Panic takes over him as he watches me sway.

"Why are you bleeding?" He asks while grabbing my face in his hands, stilling my vision. I use his arms as leverage and pull myself to the bathroom with him beside me.

"I don't know what's happening..." I admit before pushing him away from me. "Check on Christen, she should be waking up soon," I say but he doesn't move. Maybe I should have let him know that I was going to change her.

"I need to check on you right now," he says but I push him again in a signal to get him to go away. I hope he won't be mad at my decisions.

"I changed her and she needs someone by her side right now," I say as I hold myself up on the counter. Elijah simply curses under his breath but rushes out of the room to watch her.

I look into the mirror and study my eyes. One is completely golden while the other has blood pouring out of it. I grab hold of it and slowly pull my eyelid away from the other and gasp at myself. The eye had completely turned red. My eyes only turn red when I'm mad, aroused, or hungry but now only one was changing and there isn't an explanation for it.