7. Not Yet

Amanda's POV:

The house looked better than I left it. She's planted different flowers around the front yard and put a fence in the back. I listen in and hear the hum of the tv coming from inside and the clanking of dishes. I remember when I used to think that watching tv was for the stupid but now, that's all I've been doing.

"Are you ready?" Elijah asks from beside me. I turn to him and nod my head. It's either now or never.

"I'm scared," I admit while wiping the sweat off of my hands onto my pants. He reaches over and grabs my left hand to squeeze it.

"I'll go talk to her first, you can come in whenever you are ready," He coos to me before turning off the car and opening the door. He begins to get out of the car and turn away but I end up stopping him.

"Elijah?" I ask while looking at his turning figure.

"What's up?" He questions, peering back at me. I swallow the lump of nervousness in my throat.

"Thank you," I hum. He gives me a small grin and begins towards the door. I watch as his knock is followed by the door creaking open to a beautiful Christen. I decide that it's probably a good idea to listen in and prepare myself.

"Who are you?" Christen awkwardly asks. I'm going to have to get on her about being nicer. 'Who are you?' Really girl?

"My name is Elijah. I've been helping Amanda out with her change. I thought it would be best to come see you," he explains. Her face seems to frown as my name is spoken. Sadness clouds her eyes and I realize that she really misses me.

"How is she doing?" She asks, opening the door a little more to somewhat welcome him.

"It's been really rough for her but she's seemed to come out of her shell a little more," she nods her head in understand while inviting him inside. I continue listening but an approaching white van pulls up. The doors swiftly open and a man in a black hoodie appears.

"Ever since the change she's been like that. The whole thing fucked her up," she sniffles as she gets emotional.

I sense that the guy isn't human and immediately get nervous. Does Christen know him? Why would she be friends with a vampire if she knows how dangerous we are? He suddenly bangs on the door hard, making me take off my seatbelt and prepare for the worst. It's obvious that this guy is angry.

"Coming!" She yells from inside. The door quickly opens and that's when my heart drops. "What are you doing here? Get out!" She screams before Elijah pulls her out of the way.

"I told you I had it under control," Elijah yells. I get out of the car and slowly start to walk over. I don't want to be noticed but I don't want them getting hurt either.

"I know you have Amanda! I just need to talk to her," Dylan's voice roars but you can tell he's desperate by the way it slightly cracks. I watch as Elijah is lifted off his feet and slung across the room.

"Get the fuck out of here!" Christen yells but Dylan doesn't listen and continues going for Elijah.

I run towards the house and grab onto Dylan, throwing him the other way, away from Elijah. I don't want him to know I'm here but I have no choice right now.

"Who the fuck are you?" Dylan hisses from behind me. Elijah is stunned and I don't blame him, Dylan is scary when he's mad. I grab onto his arm and pull him up but end up getting pulled on by Dylan. "Show your face," he softly says.

I slowly turn around to see Dylan and Christen looking back at me. Their eyes go wide as they see who I have become. I notice Christen's eyes water but I ignore it. All my attention is on Dylan and the rage that is building up inside me. Now is my chance to finish this but something is telling me not to.