3. Escape

Amanda's POV:

We went to the hotel in silence. He was most likely thinking of a way to save me while I was thinking of a way to escape. I decide that tonight is the best night to run, while he's asleep and can't track me.

I decide to take a shower as soon as we get there and make sure to lock the door. I expect Elijah to try and hurt me while I'm vulnerable. Who knows what he's planning on doing to me. I know I can't trust him. I've learned not to trust anyone after I was betrayed by Dylan, I can't even trust myself around my friends and family because I know I could end up killing them.

How long will I be away from them? I have no clue. How long will it be until I can control myself? I honestly didn't think it would take me this long. Will I let Elijah help me? Probably not.

"Hey, how long are you going to be in there?" His deep voice echoes through the bathroom from behind the door.

Should I try and trust him? Absolutely not. We all know where that will lead me.

"As long as I want," I hum past the grumble of water.

"If you don't get out soon then I'm coming in!" He hollers out to me while twisting the locked door.

"Alright, alright. I'm getting out," I yell back and turn the shower off.

I wrap the towel around my body and open the door to a stunned Elijah. His eyes are wide open and traveling down my body like I was the only women he's ever seen in his life.

"What? Don't tell me you're a virgin," I tease while pushing past him to grab clothing.

"Not at all but when you see a beautiful women only in a towel in front of you, the only thing you can do is look," he chuckles and pushes his way into the bathroom.

My breath hitches in my throat with his words but I quickly recover. He's only trying to get on my good side.

I throw on clothing while he's in the bathroom and jump onto the bed, turning on the tv to an adult cartoon.
As the intro comes on I can hear Elijah humming to the music and as soon as he opens the door he's singing it and soon I join in.

We start laughing at each other and he collapses on the bed next to me as we zone into the show. I could tell that he was giving me side glances, probably trying to figure out if I was going to kick him off the bed. I decide to surprise him and literally kick him off the bed. He gasps, falls, and then pops his head back up and starts giving me puppy eyes. I, of course, ignore his silent pleas and continue to watch the show.

"How long will you stare at me?" I ask while looking at him over my shoulder.

"Until you let me sit on the bed," he grumbles while giving me bigger puppy eyes.

"The couch is fine," I state.

He huffs and reluctantly crawls his way over to the couch before pulling a blanket over his head and turning over.

"You know you're acting like a little kid right?" I ask while throwing a pillow at his head.

"Oh shut up," he grumbles, earning a laugh from me.

I watch a few episodes and then decide to act like I'm asleep just to make sure he's passed out cold. I listen to the light thud of his heart and chirping of bugs outside, waiting for the right moment to leave.

A few minutes later I decide that I should start to gather my things. Hopefully he'll be in too deep of a sleep to wake up while I leave.

Right before I climb out of the bed, A cellphone vibration has me haulting in my tracks of getting out. Moment comes right after as the tapping of fingers grace my eardrums.