8. I'm Done

"What is this place?" I ask, approaching the large gray building. People stare as we step past the gate and soon ran inside away from us. I cautiously walk behind Elijah with my hand wrapped around Christens as we get closer to the front entrance of the place.

The door creaks open and a women emerges with a wide smile, "Welcome back Elijah. What can I do for you today."

"My friends need a place to stay for awhile while I take care of some business," he says without looking back at me. My eyes widen as I realize what he's trying to do, he's trying to hide me from Dylan which goes against his orders.

"I'm not letting you go alone!" I exclaim before the lady has anytime to talk. He abruptly turns around and forcefully grabs onto my chin, yanking it up so I'm staring into his eyes.

"I'm done with listening to you! This is my decision and you will suck it up and follow my directions. No more questioning me!" He shouts before letting me go roughly and turning back to the women. She nods her head and walks back inside as we follow.

I want to say something, to tell him no but I'm too stunned to say or do anything at this point. This is the first time I've ever been spoken to like that from Elijah and it scares me.

I keep quiet but drown out the women's voice. I only pay attention to the staring vampires that look Christen and my way. I don't like the looks she's receiving but I know I won't let anyone touch her. I will kill anyone that even thinks that they can feed from her.

"Right here will be where you can stay until you decide to leave Elijah," she begins but he stops her.

"They'll be staying with me," he growls out as more people surround us. I pull Christen inside the room as Elijah continue to talk to the women and look at her scared face. A place like this is nowhere a human should be and I feel so bad that we've brought her here.

"I won't let anyone touch you," I try to soothe her and massage circles into her arms.

She sighs before letting go of me and examining the room. It looks just like a hotel room, king size bed in one room cut off by a small hallway that leads to a couch and tv area with a bathroom attached. It's bigger than I expected and even has a mini fridge and full pantry.

"I've never been inside such a big hotel room," Elijah adds as he shuts the door and comes up behind me, waiting for a reply. I'm still pissed from before so I ignore him and find my way to the couch.

"I'm exhausted," Christen says before plopping down next to me and lays her heavy head into my shoulder. I pull her in close and watch as he eyes begin to droop as the exhaustion of the day gets to her.

"You guys can take the bed, I got the couch," Elijah says before turning the tv on and checking the fridge. I grab onto Christens slump body and carry her to the bed. Tucking her in before I address the elephant in the room.

"I'm not letting you go back," I murmur as I walk in on a stretched out Elijah. His head perks up and a deep frown sets in on his lips as he knows I'm not backing down without a fight.

"I told you to listen to me," he begins but I'm not having it. I don't want to listen to the garbage he's trying to tell me.

"They will kill you!" I whisper yell, trying to get through his thick skull but only earn a disappointing look.

"I knew my fate as soon as you told me who you were and why you were running! I accepted it because you don't deserve to have to carry this burden you have been for the past year," he says, getting up off the couch to meet me in the middle of the living room. I look up into his emotion filled eyes and realize he's telling the truth.