14. Unreadable

Amanda's POV:

It's been five months now. I've been tortured for five months straight and yet I still feel every time they break my skin. But the worst part is, replaying Christens death, over and over again. My mind is haunting me now. I'm tortured while I'm awake and asleep.

"It sounds like our session has come to an end," Diego says before brushing my hair out of my face. "I'll see you soon."

What does he mean? I don't get it. Should I just go to sleep? I'm going to go to sleep.

Dylan's POV:

A loud crash breaks the silence above me as the dungeons walls creak around me. My mind stays on Amanda, wondering what's being done to her. Screams echo off the walls as shuffling feet grow closer. The gates to my cell are abruptly open as Riki enters, fear written on her face.

"The hunters are here! We need to leave," without hesitation, I run from cell to cell, trying to find Amanda's scent. "The exit is this way," Riki yells from behind me but I don't listen. I'm not leaving without Amanda.

I run down corridor after corridor searching for her smell until I'm in front of a steel door. I open it and reveal her body, died blood covering every part of her. I rush over and grab onto the silver chains, flinching at the pain it causes me but successfully get them off.

"Amanda? Look at me," I say as her eyes slowly open but show no sigh of focusing on me. I watch as her eyes cloud up with tear but nothing comes out, not even a mutter. She seems lifeless, unable to process anything, braindead. "What have they done to you?"

I take my shirt off and place it on her body before picking her up and carrying her out of the room. I need to get her somewhere safe, even if it means She'll have to be alone. I run past other vampires, as fast as I can, hoping not to be seen.

"We've got a runner!" A woman yells as footsteps follow me. Hunters are known to be fast, almost as fast as vampires. Without noticing I run into another hunter but successful dodge their attack, driving me into a room.

"Guard the door! We've got him cornered," they yell from outside. I look around to find any type of exit but find nothing. I curl Amanda up in my arms and kiss her forehead before watching the door, waiting for them to enter. I watch her mismatch eyes, looking for any type of emotion but get nothing.

Why are they here in the first place? The hunters should have never known about this coven and yet they're here.

The door swings open, revealing an older man with blue eyes. He doesn't say anything, he doesn't even look at me but at Amanda who had closed her eyes and clamped her hands around my shirt in fear. The man before me began to tear up before dropping his weapon and rushing over to me, latching his hands around Amanda.

"Call off the attack! I've found Amanda!" He yells out before muttering, "I've found my babygirl..."

***

The building was massive, full of humans that sent me daggers of hatred as I carried Amanda who had fell asleep on the ride here. He body is so cold, like ice and there hasn't been any sign of her returning back to her old self.

"Don't mind any of them..." A woman says before running her hands through her hair and sending a smile my way.

"You'll stay in here and I'll take Amanda," The man adds before coming to me to take her. I grab hold of her and pull her away before he can lay a hand on her. Shock enters his face but the lady that smiled at me before grabs his hand to calm him down.