5. Broken

Dylan's POV:

I wake up with beads of sweat running down my face. This is torture.

"Was it her again?" Riki asks while pulling herself off of my chest. Ever since Amanda was killed, I've been having these dreams and she's always in them.

"Yeah," I grumble. Riki's fingers trail over my moist chest as she tries to sooth me. Her touch is nothing like Amanda's. I hate to compare them but that's all I can do.

"Will you ever love me like you loved her," Riki voice cracks as she asks.

I turn over to her and brush her hair back. "I will never love anyone as much as I loved her," I explain and turn over. I know I've crushed her spirit but I can't have anyone waiting for me when all I can think about is her. All I want is her even when she's gone.

"I understand but this isn't healthy," she says with a broken voice and I know she's right. I should be over her by now but my mind isn't letting me.

"Get out," I lowly growl at her. Even if she's right, I don't want to listen to it. I don't care if it's unhealthy, as long as I can hold onto her somehow, I will.

"Yes sir," she quietly squeaks before exiting my room. I changed her so she could be stronger and people couldn't step on her but they still did even after she became one of them. She ended up attaching herself to me, it was all a distraction and it worked for a little while but now all I can think about is Amanda again.

I pull my blanket over me and nuzzle my head into my pillow. All I can think of is Amanda, the way she smiled and laughed. I fall back asleep with the thought of her in my mind.

"Wake up," her soothing voice coos to me.

"Why are you here?" I question but keep my eyes closed. Her fingers slowly graze over my cheek. I miss this feeling.

"I'm here to wake you up and tell you that breakfast is waiting," a kiss is placed on my cheek and her arms wrap around me.

"You're not real," I bluntly say and curl up in the blankets. None of this is real. My mind is just playing tricks on me.

"I'm right here, Dylan. Open your eyes and you'll see," she coos to me and kisses my neck. It feels so real but if it was real, she would still be in my arms.

"Get out of my head," I groan and turn away from her. I don't want to think of her anymore. How can I continue to live like this?

"You did this to me. Now you have to suffer," she exhales and takes a seat on the bed.

"GET OUT OF MY HEAD!" I yell and grab her, pining her to the bed. My fangs shoot out from my gums and latch onto her neck.

"Dylan stop! You need to wake up,"  she yelps but her voice isn't the same anymore. I detach from her neck and open my eyes to find Riki's shaking figure under me.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else," I groan and grab onto my head as I'm getting off of her. She doesn't move from beside me but instead tries to pull me towards her.

"It's alright. You can feed from me," she says with a blank stare. My heart seems to stop. Does she not get it? I don't need to feed, I don't need anything from her! I need Amanda back.

Amanda's POV:

"What?" Elijah questions. His eyes go wide at my request. He takes a step back like I just asked something crazy.

"I won't be able to do this without you. All you have to do is trick him and then I'll take care of the rest," I coo to him and wrap my arms around his back.