6. Why are you doing this?

"I know you're in pain and I want to help but your just going to have to trust me," his voice is a soft whisper at this point, trying to persuade me in some way. I watch as his eyes take in all the dead bodies and blood. You can tell he's trying to hold back and I don't blame him, anyone would have to.

"You still don't get it," I mumble to him. Every muscle in my body is shaking like crazy. All the blood is driving me insane. Its taking so much of my energy to not grab one of the corpses and drink from it and Elijah seems to notice.

"Let's get you out of here," he says before pulling me by his side and exiting the area. We swiftly made it back to the hotel room without being noticed. He seems very flustered from all the events that's happened today. He must not be used to seeing so much blood and gore.

I jump in the shower and wash off all the blood before walking out to a pacing Elijah. He turns towards me, massaging his temples.

"I don't know what to do with you," he shrugs before pacing again. I begin laughing, finally he gets it.

"That's the point, I-," I begin but I stop as I notice my phone in his hand. He notices I'm looking at it and tightens his grip.

"How long are you going to hide?" He asks gruffly. My eyes widen as I realize what he's done.

"My life is none of your business. Give it back," I growl and put my hand out to receive my property.

"Yes it is! I decide what happens to you and I can tell that you're hurting. Today was an example of how unstable you are and it's because you're hurting," He coos and takes another step towards me. I reach for my phone but he keeps it out of my reach.

"I'm fine," I explain and cross my arms.

"Have you even went and seen Christin since you've changed?" He pushes my phone in his pocket.

"It doesn't matter," I turn away and start to pack my shit. It's time to leave this hotel anyway.

"Why haven't you?" He keeps pressing me and it's annoying. Why can't he give up. Before I can think, I blurt out an answer.

"Because I don't want her to see what I've become! I'm a fucking monster and she'll end up getting hurt!" Every emotion I've been holding in since I've changed comes out in tears. He's right, I'm hurting and I've been this whole time but I don't know what to do. I don't know how to change.

"Don't cry," he softly hums to me. He wraps his arms around me and pulls me close.

"Why did this have to happen to me?" I ask into his chest as tears continue to fall. He places his chin on my head and rubs small circles into my back to calm me.

"You're not a monster and I know you won't hurt her. We've been training so you can control yourself and I believe you can. I don't want you to hurt anymore and she really wants to see you," he breathes. I know he's right but I really don't want to see her, I don't want her to see me.

"When are we going?" I give in, and wipe my tears off on his chest. He laughs a little which makes my head bob up and down with his chest.

"I told her that we'd be heading there today," he chuckles. My breath catches in my throat at the thought of seeing her so soon. I miss her but I don't want to scare her.

"Let me finish packing then," I say before pulling myself away from him. He slightly tightens his grip but then lets go quickly to pack his own things.

~~~

The car growls as Elijah turns the key in the ignition. I've learned to love the feeling of the wind in my hair as the car picked up speed, making me super relaxed. I close my eyes as music fills my ears along with the wind.