19. New friends

Amanda's POV:

I wake up to Amelia throwing jeans and a shirt at me. I'm knocked out of my daze when my shoes are thrown not long after. "Get up. Kelic is out for the day so I'm on watch duty," she announces before grabbing my hair and putting it in a bun for me.

"Where do you plan on taking me?" I ask while quickly changing.

"Around the facility," she adds shortly before leading me out of the room. I keep to myself until I realize I'm in a huge cafeteria type area. All around me are humans, standing against the wall, waiting for something.

"What's going on here?" I ask Amelia as she moves next to me. I watch he surprised eyes and she scans me.

"Does your coven not do this?" She asks, placing a hand on her hip while pointing to the others.

"I've never seen a coven do this," I add, making her even more surprised.

"Oh well, this is what Kelic told them to do for ever meal. Stand in a line, be quiet, and wait for a vampire chooses you," I take in the view of everyone before looking back at Amelia. She seems to be having fun showing me around the place and showing me new things. "Do you want to choose a bloodbag?" She says while hinting towards the people. I cringe at her name for human. Is that what vampires all think of humans? Blood bags...

"Yeah and I know exactly who I'm choosing," I add, scanning the line till I find the guy from the first night I was here. I walk over to him, surprise graces his eyes as I stand in front of him. I watch him closely, waiting for him to say something but he stays silent. "Come with me," I say while grabbing his hand, leading him over to an empty table.

"I didn't expect to see you again," he admits once it's just me and him. I watch as his eyes are focused on my own as if he's entranced by them.

"I wanted to thank you for helping me when I first got here," I admit, before tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Oh, I was actually ordered to help you by-" he begins but is cut off by Amelia joining in.

"Me. I'm the one who ordered him to feed you," she admits before sinking her teeth into a Brunette.

"I was actually terrified to be fed on by you. Since you're a Pureblood..." he trails off as his eyes scan the room but shortly continues, "We've only been around master Kelic and master Oliver so I assumed you were like them. I was surprised to find out different."

"Do you mind if I?" I ask while grabbing his wrist. He smiles and nods, signaling for me to go ahead. I watch as his eyes study my every move. He seems on edge about everything, making me taste the nervousness in his blood.
I abruptly let go and let him go back to the wall as my mind begins to wonder. Why would she help me? At the time she acted like she hated me and yet she would do that for me...

"What's wrong?" Amelia asks, taking me out of my thoughts. I look at her and watch her wondering eyes and soft smile.

"Why did you help me?" I ask, curious to what she was thinking at the time. I watch as her eyes dart to the side, studying a group of vampires before looking back at me.

"We'll talk about this later, I have a place to show you," she hums before grabbing my hand and pulling me away from the table. Her grip is tight against my wrist but I can still feel her shaking slightly, telling me that something is wrong.

"Where do you think you're going?" A woman asks from behind us. I immediately turn around to be met with dark green eyes looking back at me. "The old slut and the new slut hanging out. Who would have known y'all would hit it off," she chuckles before pushing past us, bumping shoulders with me in the process.